Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:20 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.6 is now available on the App Store, adding integrated WD Wireless drive support to the library as well as other improvements.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 11:23 am 
Novice
Novice

Hi there,

I discovered Luma Fusion doesn't sync the audiotrack to the videotrack consistently at all! Instead, different playbacks give different results.
Conclusion: making a edit/cut in the videotrack timed to the music in the audiotrack becomes a FRUSTRATING task, if you want to do it with precision.

To proof I'm not being silly I put Luma fusion to the test...

To illustrate this I have added a comparison of two screenshots.The screenshots are taken at the exact moment I can hear the beat drops in the audiotrack. As you can tell Luma Fusion gave me two totally different results...
Attachment:
Screenshot comparison.JPG
Screenshot comparison.JPG [ 542.51 KiB | Viewed 663 times ]

Try it and see for yourself: make a cut to the beat in the audiotrack- play it back - now, scroll back - again, play it back - different result. Does Luma Fusion give a truely consistent playback result?

I also made a video trying to explain this issue. You can watch it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVN_9Tmc7zY

I'm running Luma Fusion on the latest ios and updates on an iPhone 5s as well as an ipad pro 10.5 inch with preview settings set to 'fastest'.

Try it for yourself.

Please fix this!!!

Last edited by LumaPaul on Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:26 am 

I have exactly the same experience with my New iPad 2018. I never before used lumafusion but this issue was the first thing I noticed. The only way I found to workaround is to start the video every time from the beginning to set a new cut to the music...it’s very frustrating because I have to start the video from the beginning a thousand times :(

I can’t believe that this issue is not more noted here at the forum. Maybe there are differences in hardware?

Please help us to solve this problem because the video editing cost me tons of time this way.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:51 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Perhaps the best way to do it is to let support know directly as per the banner at the top?

..... to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

(I’m not a Developer)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:07 am 
Novice
Novice

Amen!
Thanks for the reply, you are right.
The only way to truly get a good preview of a cut is to start the preview from the start EVERYTIME. Makes me wonder how many of us are still struggling and fiddling, while the problem is the inconsistent playback results of Luma Fusion.

I don't think it is a hardware problem, because this happens when working with 'heavy' 4k projects as well as 'light' 1080p projects.

Let's solve this problem!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:08 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi all,

This is a known issue in iOS, and we've reported the issue to Apple with a separate example app and an iMovie project that exhibits the issue as well. We've worked hard to try and come up with ways to resolve this through LumaFusion. This can sometimes be solved by using the Consolidate Media function (the funnel icon in the project manager), which will convert mp3 files to m4a files). We hope to talk to engineers on this directly during WWDC to see if we can determine when this might be resolved.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:02 pm 
Novice
Novice

Thanks for the suggestion. This solved the issue! Now I'm editing with confidence!
I have updated the video. You can watch it here.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4TaxHhOqIY[/youtube]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:02 am 

Thank you very much. This workes now great for me.