Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:20 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.7 is now available on the App Store, which includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:42 pm 
Novice
Novice

Like many of you reading this, over the past few years, I have been looking around to see if any iPad software existed that could bring more to the table than iMovie. Until now, I would edit my audio one one app., video on another, then graphics sourced elsewhere. Even so, the process was cumbersome and the results were amateurish or uninspiring at the least. Sure, they were fine for everyday consumer use but I felt there was a disconnect between the professional and consumer world. The prosumer (as we call them) had no real option. Many of us have powerful CPU systems that can handle just about any software that exists but I for one, wanted something simpler that I could use to slap together a personal project on my iPad. Until now, there really wasn't anything available. Sure the big players do make some watered down apps, but they're either ridiculously expensive or lack the features to be truly functional. To be honest, when I first heard about Luma Fusion online, I thought it was another one of those apps. claiming they could compete with the big kids. Let me say this: I am impressed!

Why does my opinion matter? It doesn't, but let me disclose some facts. I work in broadcast television where I'm exposed to some really high-end systems costing hundreds of thousands of dollars. We're not going to pretend this software compares to those systems but for the prosumer world, this app. does bring some amazing stuff to the table. Chroma Keying, video frame rate and audio control for $20? How is that even possible? I defy anyone to find any app. anywhere that has this many features that doesn't hold you hostage with monthly fees or upgrades. I am truly AMAZED!

I mentioned this app. to some colleagues who use Avid, Velocity, DaVinci or Edius as part of their daily routines. They were surprised to hear a full featured and inexpensive app. was even available for the iPad.

If you're looking to shoot weddings, industrial videos or online content for your YouTube channel, this is clearly the app. for you.

Heck, while I haven’t checked, it might even conform to broadcast standards.

Bravo!

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:02 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks Gerry

I have let the developers know

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:15 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks Gerry,

We appreciate your feedback, and it means a lot to us when broadcast professionals appreciate the work we've put into it. We've tried to give users all the power they need for professional video editing while bringing back the fun. We're still have a ways to go, and we're working hard to get it there. And yes, it does conform to broadcast standards (currently Rec. 709 for HD broadcast, with selectable 2020 and P3 coming in the future).

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:53 am 
Novice
Novice

That’s good to know! Your product is already impressive on its existing merits. The word is getting out. I’ve mentioned it in a few of my industry groups. For the money, it’s better than anything else out there. With the evolutionary introduction of 2020, HDR or WCG - LumaFusion could become a contender among the big names especially in the ENG realm where we need some high quality material cut quickly in the field. A reporter could cut anywhere - on their lap, without any restrictions. I love that you’ll be messing in the big player’s yard. Thanks to software-defined systems, the broadcast industry is changing with much of the content getting eventually transcoded for the web. The days of cumbersome stand-alone NLE hardware installations are just about done.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:09 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I’m over the moon happy with Luma Fusion, but this happiness does make me want more, such as:

1) Histograms
2) Markers
3) Pro level audio metering
4) Lens corrections
5) 3D transitions (especially for titling)
6) Alpha layer support (though I can get by with chroma key for now)
7) Some way of stringing together small projects as chapters of a larger project.
8) Some sort of database way of organizing clips in bins.
9) Some sort of EDL translation.

In the mean time, as it is, it’s all working quite well for much of my small web view projects!