Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 6:26 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.3 is now available on the App Store. This feature release includes integration with Gnarbox, and numerous improvements to the library and import and export providers

LumaFX 2.5 is now available on the App Store. This adds new ways to import media, and fixes the issue with importing LUTs

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:38 am 

Hi

Please please please implement some sort of masking in the app. You already have the feature to create basic shapes on a title layer, just add this feature to video and image layers but instead of the shapes having a fill colour make them be masks for the layer they are on, and please please PLEASE make them blurable so that we can have soft masks. The ability to create custom shaped soft masks is a very simple feature that would open up a whole new world of editing possibilities. Imagine being able to do selective colour correction with soft undetectable edges (such as brightening an actors face around the eyes), applying effects to just a certain part of an image (for example blurring only the background of a picture) and powerful compositing allowing you to add new elements to pictures with seamless soft edges (such as adding a patch of bushes from in image into the background of a video, or editing together multiple takes of one actor in different positions to make them appear in multiple places at the same time). All this would be possible just by implementing the basic feature of soft masks.

You basically already have code for basic masks (shapes on title layers) and softening (blur effect on video/image layers), you just need to implement them in an additional way: using the shapes to mask video/image layers and using the blur effect to soften the edges of those masks.

If you want to know more technically what I'm looking for it's this: the ability to create custom alpha mattes with adjustable softness and semi-transparency, and the ability to apply these to video/image layers (or any type of layer really).

Please consider this. You basically have the code for it already and it would open up a whole new world of high end editing functionality.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:24 am 

i totally agree with masks!

i need masks for two reasons:

(1) when i color correct my videos i want to lighten or darken some areas but not the whole frame. for this a simple ellipse with feathered edges would do the trick in most cases, but of course it would be super to be able to draw a mask myself. it also would be important to have the mask position, size,.. keyframeable. but basically even the vignette which is already included in lumafusion would work if it was keyframeable and moveable in position.

(2) the second case i would need a mask would be to have two differtent LUTs on two parts of a video.

regarding to LUTs:also some of my LUTs names are not correctly shown in lumafusion and i have to guess which one is which.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:55 am 

Just joined the forum to say yes, please add masks and the ability to feather the edges. That would add a world of possibilities.