Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:21 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.6 is now available on the App Store, adding integrated WD Wireless drive support to the library as well as other improvements.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:54 am 
Novice
Novice

Hi,

[EDITED POST] -

If you read down to my 2nd post you can see I decided to change the title of the thread to address what I guess I really need some help with. I am trying to use only my iPad for editing gameplay videos. My process has been to record my gameplay and then assemble clips that I want to feature. I was using iMovie and/or Pinnacle prior to purchasing LumaFusion. What I would do next was just replay the video in the editing app and talk over the video describing what was being shown. Easy. Then I decided to make my videos look more like my Livestreams and place myself into the lower corner, choma keyed in. However, this required I use OBS and move my editing to the Mac.

What I WANT to do now is keep everything on the iPad. I am not overly interested in editing of videos so I don't have any fancy apps on my mac. Lumafusion caught my eye becaus I can move the OBS related end of my process to the iPad but I am faced with a problem that I don't really know how to solve easily.

How would you monitor your video playback so your comments line up with what is being shown in the clips? At the moment, the only thing that I can think of is to keep the movie available via my iCloud account and use a second device to play the video while I record my video voiceover to for import.

I was originally hoping the LF had a feature which would allow live video to be recorded over the playback of what is on screen... maybe that's too much to have hoped for ;) - I am a complete noob and naive to professional recording. I basically just hack my way through this stuff until I find something that works for me. The first hack I was hoping would work was to try and use split view or slide-over but the camera app won't record when using that mode... thanks Apple.

[ORIGINAL POST]
I am brand spanky new to Lumafusion. I used Pinnacle Studio Pro prior so it's mostly familiar in feel. The rest I'll figure out with tutorials and hunting/pecking.

The key thing I have been trying to do is ELIMINATE using my computer for creating Youtube videos for some MOBILE games that I play. I currently record my gameplay and then I put down a voice over describing some things that happened in the match. I want to start adding VIDEO to the voice over though... so it looks more like a livestream of the gameplay. I have a green screen behind me that I already use with OBS for when I do livestream. At the moment, the only way I have tried to duplicate that appearance in a video is by air playing my recorded gameplay video to OBS and using my webcam and chroma-keying myself in and making a new recording in OBS.

I want to eliminate OBS and keep this process on my iPad. I have a few ideas but I'm hoping maybe someone has some experience with this and would share their process, along with any additional applications you might use to make this work.

Thanks!
Jack

Last edited by Jack Neat on Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:21 pm 
Novice
Novice

Something like this? Can you provide a screenshot?
Attachment:
80C3B244-0D70-4574-83BC-9D932C739BBF.png
80C3B244-0D70-4574-83BC-9D932C739BBF.png [ 891.56 KiB | Viewed 221 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:55 pm 
Novice
Novice

exactly... I ended up just using the iPads front facing camera. I guess I was hoping for being able to do this directly with the camera within Lumafusion but as I understand it now, that's not possible.

I guess I need to practice timing my voiceover w/video and not rely on watching the playback... maybe that is how I should have titled my post. I guess I am really looking for advice on syncing my comments to what is happening on screen when I am unable to monitor the movie playback. Maybe I need to still use a second device to watch the playback while I record my voiceover w/video?

Attachments:
IMG_30FEE7E68187-1.jpeg
IMG_30FEE7E68187-1.jpeg [ 1.87 MiB | Viewed 214 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:10 pm 
Novice
Novice

Yeah, I’d suggest a second device for playback.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:25 am 
Novice
Novice

I did stumble on another app in the iOS App Store called TouchCast Studio... I can create my video with edits in Lumafusion and then open up TouchCast Studio... they have a feature using what they call vAPPS which allows the insertion of all types of outside media, including video from my device ( stored on the camera roll ). It creates a stage which allows me to play the video I created in LumaFusion and place my webcam w/chroma-key effect.

I guess I could also add my video voice over by first opening my clips in TouchCast Studio and then import those to LumaFusion and piece my clips together with transitions. I'll experiment with both methods and see what is more comfortable.

There is always watching a play back of the video on a second device but that could make my video of my voice over with my eyes wandering back and forth.. Probably not a big deal as my webcam image is fairly small compared to the rest of the screen.