Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:44 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.7 is now available on the App Store, which includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:14 pm 

Hi everyone

I'm having some issues with a project I'm working on and really need some help. I'm a total newbie at this so please bare with me. I'm trying to make a gameplay video on an iPad 4 that I want to upload to YouTube but the quality once uploaded is terrible.

This is the process I have to use since I don't own a PC:
Record gameplay clips on PS4 (Game is 60fps, PS4 records at 720p)
Upload the clips to a private YouTube channel
Download the clips to Android device
Upload again to Dropbox
Download the clips to Lumafusion and begin editing (project is 60fps and 16:9 aspect ratio)

When I play the clips in Lumafusion the quality is slightly worse than the original and when I try to upload the finished project to YouTube it causes my internet to drop out at around half way and the upload fails. The only workaround I found is to save the project to my Photos App and try to upload it through YouTube directly. Now if it uploads successfully and I watch the final video the quality is very bad, like I'm watching a movie from 1980. The music also goes out of sync which is baffling me.

Movie uploaded with these settings:
Resolution: 720p
Frame rate: 60fps
Video Quality: Standard (12mbps)
Audio Quality: 44.1KHz
Format: mp4

With little knowledge of this sort of thing, this is really bugging me. Any help appreciated!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:42 am 
Novice
Novice

I would look for an app on the PS4 ecosystem that allows direct upload to a cloud service. By sending your video to YouTube you are already degrading the quality of the original. Then if you post it back up to Youtube, it's once again being compressed so you will see further degradation in the quality. You need to cut out the 'middleman' ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:50 am 
Novice
Novice

Hello !

When you download the clips to the android device, is the quality still OK ?

I don't own a PS4 but, is there another way to export the clips or is youtube the only way ?