Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:13 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.7 is now available on the App Store, which includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:54 pm 

Hi,

When I started to use LF you could edit and playback my first 10 min video pretty much flawlessly. But now 5 projects later I get serious lag during playback even of the first project. The timeline just freezes and I can’t scroll the timeline for a live preview. I also ger pretty frequent crashes which seem memory related. I have rebooted the ipad, closed all apps.

I love editing on the ipad and LF is an awesome app so I hope there is something that can be done to bring it back to how it was.

All material is 1080p or less. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:22 pm 

I backed up my completed projects and removed them from my ipad. Now it LF runs well again. Why does having several projects slow it down? It should only load the project I open, right?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:25 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Tinytours

That's interesting, you archived all your projects, then deleted them, started a new project which is now performing as you expect.

This is very different to my experience of the app:

I'm using a 12.5 iPad too (1st gen), I have 32 projects on it and roughly 96Gbytes of media. Most of the media (if not all) is in my Imported Library, I rarely use the Photos app.

I don't have much if any imported graphics or music files (i.e nothing sourced from the web or created on another app).

All my footage is a combination of 4K UHD (100mbits 24fps) and 1080p (24fps) at some lower bit rate. They are all mp4 files. I use a Canon 70D for the 1080 footage and a Lumix GX85 for the 4K.

How does this differ from your workflow?

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:32 am 

Hi,

I´m having similar performance issues as the thread starter but for me it already started with the very first project.
In this project I´m using two video tracks and 3 audio tracks (2 being the unlinked audios from the video files and one audio track with a sperate recording of the same content). The videos are both full HD with 60fps and everything works fine until I zoom in completely and try to sync the seperate audio with the audio of the videos.

Syncing the videos worked ok but everytime I try to sync the seperate audio the app just freezes, sometimes for a few moments or it freezes completely and I have to restart. But a restart doesn´t help because once restarted it keeps freezing as soon as I try to move the audio file (the audio file is a edited WAV file with 48 kHz/16 Bit but I had the same problem with the original recording file). The videos and audio recording are about an hour of length each so might that cause some trouble? The iPad Pro should handle that easily though...

And while we´re at it: is there a way to nudge a audio or video track in the timeline in one frame increments? So far I find it pretty tedious to align a seperate audio track with a video and since I´m editing a musical performance perfect sync is a must.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:58 am 

Having similar issues will try deleting my projects.