Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:04 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:29 am 

Hi,
I've exported som files with logos and lower thirds as .mov proress44444 from FCPX. The meaning was to use them in the iPhone to speed up the workflow on the go. I could not get them to work in iMovie, so I bought the Lumafusion, but it does not seams to work here either. Am I doing something wrong? Is there any workaround or better way of doing this?
Thank you guys in advance for your answer in the matter.
Tobias

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:45 am 
Adept
Adept

Apple’s iOS doesn’t support video with transparency; it’s a limitation of Apple’s hardware/software stack. So, you won’t be able to bring any video in with alpha channels. A workaround would be to render your video against a solid color and use the chroma-key that’s newly in LumaFusion, though it doesn’t handle partial transparency very well, so you may be limited in how you design the graphic elements.

One other thing to consider is that .PNG still files carry transparency (and partial transparency) just fine in iOS, so if your graphics aren’t moving in a way that you couldn’t animate in LumaFusion, you might just want to bring those elements in and animate them locally.