Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:31 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:34 pm 
Novice
Novice

I’m trying to access the audio unit plug-ins that I have installed on my iPad Pro. I’ve watched videos and when you’re in audio edit there were three icons to select either the built in lumafusion plug-ins, external audio units or favorites.

On my current version of Luma fusion I have a button for the built-in audio effects but no way to access system plug in effects. What do I need to do to make this possible.

Thanks, Richard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Richard,

Thanks for reaching out, very good question. So, we implemented 3rd party AU (Audio Unit) audio plugins in a previous version of our app (1.4.x), but due to issues with syncing to these 3rd party AU's we removed the functionality until we can create a smooth user experience (the videos you've seen online, I'm guessing, were recorded on an earlier version of the app).

As of a couple weeks ago, we have discussed - and I've personally researched - how best to implement 3rd party AU's without causing app errors. This is a tricky issue since we aren't in control of how 3rd party AU's are developed, so we're trying to find a solid way to check for stability before loading 3rd party AU's - another tricky bit is to make sure we keep the audio in sync with the video clip, so there also needs to be an acceptable latency when using 3rd party AU's. But we're striving to implement this functionality as soon as we can!

As far as the Apple provided AU's goes, you can double-tap on an clip (that contains audio), in the timeline, then tap on the 'speaker' icon, which will present you all the Apple built AU's (AUHigh-pass filter, AUReverb3, AUDistortion, etc.) <- but even with these plug-ins we've discovered abnormal functionality (for example: sometimes the AUReverb3 causes audio to lag).

So we're also looking into providing stability, not only for 3rd party AU's, but also for the Apple AU's that come prebuilt into iOS.

Please keep us posted at support@luma-touch.com with any specific AU issues you run into.

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:51 pm 
Novice
Novice

Thanks for the reply! I can understand the potential issues your referring to as I use Ferrite to edit podcasts and you can definitely run into instability with 3rd party AU's.

I was hoping originally for AU access in that I started using "Brusfri" a noise reduction app that has an amazing ability to clean up dialog tracks. I haven't run into any latency problems with it yet in Ferrite or Auria but I could see the potential with that much processing.