Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:55 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.4 is now available on the App Store. This update includes major fixes for audio sync issues that users have experienced in some projects

LumaFX 2.5 is now available on the App Store. This adds new ways to import media, and fixes the issue with importing LUTs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:56 am 
Novice
Novice

Hi!

Nice you did fix the bug not be able to import archives from the iXpad drive.

But now there is another problem: when I try to archive a project to the iXpand LF crashes every time, just closes down. No warnings or explanations.

There is about 5GB space left on my 64GB drive and I have tryed to archive projects from 600 MB to 2GB with no luck.

Another iXpand bug?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:04 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Finne

Can you let support know directly please from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Finne

I just tried to reproduce your issue based on your description. I didn't have any crashes.

Are you able to archive the project anywhere else? Like cloud storage or (if available) internal storage? Just want to know if that works or not

Are you able to copy a large file from the Photos app directly to the iXpand drive?

Did you ever write into our email support?

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:03 am 
Novice
Novice

Hi!

It seems that the problem is only on my iPhone SE 32GB (16GB sorege left). I have couple of small projects on my iPad Air 16GB and I manage to both import and export archives with it with no problems.

Yes I did e-mail the support.

P.S. Exporting to Files works without problems.

Last edited by Finne on Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:47 pm 
Novice
Novice

AirDropping an archive from my iPhone SE to my ipad Air works fine. It opens automatically in LF and I can archive it from there to my iXpand with no problems. But whwn i try to archive a project from my iPhone SE to the iXpand directly, the LF craches every time, when I hit the archive button.

So there is definitely something with the SE.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:16 am 
Novice
Novice

Thanks for posting. Good to know I am not alone in my iXpand problems. I’ve been fighting this for many months and was unable to resolve it with LF Support although they were very nice to work with. Cudos :). Have an iPhone 7 and iPad Pro. Both devices function just fine and have plenty of memory in reserve. Occasionally I can achieve a successful copy/archive to the iExpand. Mostly not. The iExpand works fine in all other regards.

AirDrop works great between devices but the same file that will crash on one device, mostly the iPad, will transfer to the iExpand just fine after I AirDrop it to the other device. I have the “straight” version of the iExpand, but purchased a curly style unit after a couple of frustrating months just to see if it was a “drive” problem. “Curly” was even worse so it went back to good ‘ol Amazon.

Sure wish there was some light at the end of the tunnel for I seem to have run out of matches.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:56 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
Thanks for posting. Good to know I am not alone in my iXpand problems. I’ve been fighting this for many months and was unable to resolve it with LF Support although they were very nice to work with. Cudos :). Have an iPhone 7 and iPad Pro. Both devices function just fine and have plenty of memory in reserve. Occasionally I can achieve a successful copy/archive to the iExpand. Mostly not. The iExpand works fine in all other regards.

AirDrop works great between devices but the same file that will crash on one device, mostly the iPad, will transfer to the iExpand just fine after I AirDrop it to the other device. I have the “straight” version of the iExpand, but purchased a curly style unit after a couple of frustrating months just to see if it was a “drive” problem. “Curly” was even worse so it went back to good ‘ol Amazon.

Sure wish there was some light at the end of the tunnel for I seem to have run out of matches.
I've having the same problem with the iXpand on my iPad Pro when I try to save a video it doesn't matter what size, I also have 100gb left on the pro- I emailed Sans disc and they are sending me a replacement drive 32gb so fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:18 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
Hi!

Nice you did fix the bug not be able to import archives from the iXpad drive.

But now there is another problem: when I try to archive a project to the iXpand LF crashes every time, just closes down. No warnings or explanations.

There is about 5GB space left on my 64GB drive and I have tryed to archive projects from 600 MB to 2GB with no luck.

Another iXpand bug?

I am having the exact same issue. 32gb iXpand. My archive file is 5gb. I try to archive and the app just closes instantly. Is this something to do with the fact that files can’t be written larger than 4gb?

I’m trying to archive this file and then come back to it next week but need space on my iPhone 7 Plus to import new media.

Am I correct in thinking that If I archive it to my phone I can drag that archived file from iTunes to my computer and then bring that back into my phone at a later date with no problems? The edit will remain exactly the same and can continue as normal, including all colour grading etc? If I do archive it how do I delete the archived file from my phone once it’s back up to my computer?

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:58 pm 

My iXpand 32gb used to work perfectly with LumaFusion. Now when I try to export, LumaFusion crashes every time. No idea what’s going on here. I can still import clips though.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:29 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

What version of LumaFusion?

What version of iOS please?