Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:40 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.4 is now available on the App Store. This update includes major fixes for audio sync issues that users have experienced in some projects

LumaFX 2.5 is now available on the App Store. This adds new ways to import media, and fixes the issue with importing LUTs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:05 pm 

I do youth sports videos, nothing fancy, basic titling, replays, etc using an ipad pro with Pinnacle Pro and Luma Fusion. I was recently asked if I could add a running time clock to my soccer games. I've spend hours looking around Luma Fusion, as well as the web looking for possible paths to do this in ios, but am not seeing a good solution. Was hoping someone might point me in the right direction?

I see beautiful scoreboard software for livestreaming sports, but these lead back to the desktop environment, as well as to tools on desktop video editors which can also do time/counters. But I want to stay with ios.

Ideally, I'd like to integrate the clock into the scoreboard title, to make it look as professional as possible. I don't need to stop or start the clock, just start it at 00:00 and let it run for 45:00 minutes or let it continue running for overtime.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Lou

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Louvnj

I don't know of any app that would provide that as a customizable asset. What I have done in the past is to simply film a digital watch or clock. Then scale and crop that to fit on top of the main video clip. Works really well and you can use it over and over again.

Just a thought.

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:13 pm 

Thanks Androu,

I had thought of filming a clock but hope to fit something more elegant. I remember tv stations showing a clock in a pip back around 1970before they had real graphics capabilities! There must be a way to add counters to titles.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:10 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Buddy
No need to get feature for this except copy and paste clip :P
Just create a clip similar to YouTube search 90 min or 60 min or 25 minute count down timer and import or soon copy and paste this clip to all your projects 8-)

See attached. Professional stuff :lol:

Attachments:
4EC50D90-0585-4D78-AED6-1B55B7C2EC00.jpeg
4EC50D90-0585-4D78-AED6-1B55B7C2EC00.jpeg [ 2.08 MiB | Viewed 3657 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:48 am 

Quote:
Buddy
Just create a clip similar to YouTube search 90 min or 60 min or 25 minute count down timer and import or soon copy and paste this clip to all your projects 8-)

Thanks Gusto! I was thinking of this too as an alternative when I posted, but hoped this might be a feature that I missed, so I wouldn't have to use a video track for the timer. But I can live that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:48 am 

Quote:
Buddy

Thanks Gusto! I was thinking of this too as an alternative when I posted, but hoped this might be a feature that I missed, so I wouldn't have to use a video track for the timer. But I can live that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:04 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Excellent

great solution

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:56 am 
Adept
Adept

You can also just do a screen recording of your iPhone or iPad’s timer or stopwatch function, as opposed to downloading a file from YouTube and then composite it in to your shot as described above.

As for the timers and clocks on sports broadcasts back in the day, I can tell you that I’ve worked in the TV industry since the mid 1980’s, and graphics back in the day were pretty dicey; we actually dedicated a camera to point at a mechanical clock (often the clock on the scoreboard) and just positioned and cropped it into the shot using the control room switcher. We did the same thing for the over-the-shoulder graphics box during our nightly newscast; we’d prepare the graphics (sometimes even animated!) on the 1-inch video machines and feed them into a studio monitor with a CTO filter mounted over the screen, point camera 3 at the monitor and set up a box-wipe on the switcher to precisely match the placement of the monitor as captured by camera 3. This worked remarkably well, unless someone unawares walked between camera 3 and the graphics monitor. After the news-briefs segment, we’d spin camera 3 back to the studio for multicam interviews.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:15 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Louvnj,

I’ve uploaded a 1hour timer on YouTube that you can download. If you need it to count down then just reverse the clip in LumaFusion.

-Kevin

My YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS06Al ... 7GeFp3sx6A

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:34 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Very cool, Kevin! Thanks.

So, I’m assuming it’s possible to change color of clock and that’s why you’ve chosen the glowing green color. I see that I can adjust its look, but I have no experience with chroma keying, etc. is that how one makes the timer block blend into background?

http://www.boozphotolearningcenter.com/blog
http://www.youtube.com/billbooz