Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:19 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:15 am 
Novice
Novice

My main topic is to edit Instagram Stories, after testing a while i think the following features would be very helpul:

1. exporting from defined In and Outpoint to the Fotoapp:
for insatgram stories i want to cut the whole story in one sequence, and then i want to export little clips (under 15 seconds) to export them for the upload to instagram stories. Do you think about this exporting feature?

2. the possibility to set a fixes watermark, whe only have three video traces, i want to brand all my content, so i always have to use one trace for the branding png. In Cute Cut i have about 6 traces... In Perfect Video you can define a fixes watermark.

I go on with needed features for Story Editing as soon as possible...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:55 pm 

That Instagram feature would help alot I think. It's great when you have a longer video to post, split it up into 15 sec clips so it will be one long contineous video on Stories. I sometimes show techniques from todays BJJ class and it's a pain to split up the video on the iPhone.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:29 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
That Instagram feature would help alot I think. It's great when you have a longer video to post, split it up into 15 sec clips so it will be one long contineous video on Stories. I sometimes show techniques from todays BJJ class and it's a pain to split up the video on the iPhone.
Thank you for the support. Lets hope that Luma Fusio sees the benefit to develop somehting for the trending format Stories ;)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:23 am 

There's an iphone app called CutStory that lets you chop up a single video into 15 second segments - it's made for Instagram stories.

Just save your Luma file at the highest settings because I'm not sure if CutStory compresses things (plus then instagram compression, argh!)

It's a workaround for now, but its MEGA easy to use and it works just fine :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:14 pm 
Novice
Novice

Thank you! i know this app. But i want to have full control of my clips. When they begin and end... so it is not really what i want.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:54 am 

Quote:
Thank you! i know this app. But i want to have full control of my clips. When they begin and end... so it is not really what i want.
I don't really understand? Just create the sequence however you like in LumaFusion - knowing that stories will clip at 15 second intervals obviously.Then you can use the CutStory app to simply do what you need, cut one long continuous segment into 15 second chunks.....it's exactly what the app is designed for. You are in full control of the overall segment inside Lumafusion using the timeline....

Just takes a bit of creative thinking to plan your sequence knowing it will be chopped into 15 second bites, the rest is easy peasy!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:37 am 
Novice
Novice

Thank you for the input. I need to check the app out. Then i get idea ;)

All the best for you!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:40 pm 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
Quote:
I don't really understand? Just create the sequence however you like in LumaFusion - knowing that stories will clip at 15 second intervals obviously.Then you can use the CutStory app to simply do what you need, cut one long continuous segment into 15 second chunks.....it's exactly what the app is designed for. You are in full control of the overall segment inside Lumafusion using the timeline....

Just takes a bit of creative thinking to plan your sequence knowing it will be chopped into 15 second bites, the rest is easy peasy!
I checked out cutstories. For mit does not work, because i can only choose 15 seconds for all parts. for my stories i need severals lengths of the segments. For exact timing. It would be great to get more export options in Luma Fusion.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:01 pm 

[/quote]
I checked out cutstories. For mit does not work, because i can only choose 15 seconds for all parts. for my stories i need severals lengths of the segments. For exact timing. It would be great to get more export options in Luma Fusion.
[/quote]

It's a bit confusing what you are asking for/trying to accomplish.

Instagram Stories only let you upload 15 second segements at a single time - but there is no restriction as to how many segments you want to upload.

The way cutstory works, is that you simply upload any length of video to the app, and it chops the entire sequence into perfect 15 second bits, that flow perfectly one after the other. Then, you upload each 'cut' of 15 second chunks (that cutstory exports) up to Instagram stories.

What you end up with, is a perfect 'flowing' sequence inside instagram stories. It does not matter one bit, how you create your initial video - you don't need to be concerned at all about cuts or anything. Just make your video however you want, at whatever length. Then simply import the video into Cutstory and it will chop it up perfectly for you.

If the problem is that Cutstory chops things into 15 second bits, it does that PRECISELY because Instagram only lets you upload 15 second clips to instagram stories.

I'm not sure if you are completely familiar with how Instagram stories actually works, but if what you are trying to do is simply upload a long video to instagram stories and have it play in perfect sequence, trust me.....Cutstory does this....its exactly what is is designed for!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:26 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
[/quote]

It's a bit confusing what you are asking for/trying to accomplish.

Instagram Stories only let you upload 15 second segements at a single time - but there is no restriction as to how many segments you want to upload.

The way cutstory works, is that you simply upload any length of video to the app, and it chops the entire sequence into perfect 15 second bits, that flow perfectly one after the other. Then, you upload each 'cut' of 15 second chunks (that cutstory exports) up to Instagram stories.

What you end up with, is a perfect 'flowing' sequence inside instagram stories. It does not matter one bit, how you create your initial video - you don't need to be concerned at all about cuts or anything. Just make your video however you want, at whatever length. Then simply import the video into Cutstory and it will chop it up perfectly for you.

If the problem is that Cutstory chops things into 15 second bits, it does that PRECISELY because Instagram only lets you upload 15 second clips to instagram stories.

I'm not sure if you are completely familiar with how Instagram stories actually works, but if what you are trying to do is simply upload a long video to instagram stories and have it play in perfect sequence, trust me.....Cutstory does this....its exactly what is is designed for!
[/quote]

Believe instagram stories is my business. Belive me when a say that cut stories does not work for me, because sometimes i need 7 second- Clips sometimes 10, sometimes 15. Maybe you are not very professional in instagram stories and the power of exactly timed clips.