Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:05 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.7 is now available on the App Store, which includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:59 pm 

Hi,

So I have been lurking around for several months now. I already saw quite a few feature requests similar feature requests and already found that they were not already available I figured I shouldn’t beat a dead horse.

And yet in response to the above post LumaFusion 1.5.1 is now available in the App Store (with our most requested feature, chroma key)
viewtopic.php?t=6243

Particularly the part of about the “most requested feature, chroma key.” Maybe so and yet is it the most wanted feature?

I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve seen requests for noise filters.

As it is the only reason I don’t almost exclusively use this... actually I’ve only produced one video partly with it... is because I for the moment need 2-4 different apps and several clips creating entirely too much confusion and redundancy.

Must have features for me are

-Compressor/Limiter and Auto Gain: Trying to level out the audio and get it as close to -0DB or —6DB without going over is as it is a chore at best.
-Noise filter: (Specifically static, wind, background noise, and echo) There’s no getting around it and every recording environment is different
-Stabilizer

And nice to have features include
-Snapping/automatic moving of clips. As it is I have to zoom out all the way to avoid overwriting clips on the time line.
-Audio sync
-Music beat detection

Would be nice to have something similar too GoPro’s Quik app for automatic music cuts.

Shoot with 1.4 I thought I had thought we finally got the first 2 covered only to discover the feature since removed after I bought a few Audio Unit plugins and yet I am curious if I wasted all that money on those AU plugins as I’ve not seen any updates beyond asking for patience.

If we got the noise filter/compressor I’d even be willing - albeit begrudgingly - to fork over more money for an upgraded version and would even up my app rating. It is the most full featured editor I can find on all mobile platforms - at least without a subscription... I refuse - that I can find and yet as it is with the clunky interface and lacking the above audio fixes I can’t honestly rate it more than somewhere between 3.5 out of 5.

Thanks!

Last edited by jerimiahy on Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:31 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, Chroma Key was the most requested feature

Now the developers (I’m not one of them) can move onto some more features

Everyone, including myself, wants all the features NOW! (I would particularly like the audio features you suggest and have little use for Chroma Key)

When Apple make changes to their feature set - big changes with the introduction of ios11 for example - it can mean that many things sometimes need to be re written entirely (sometimes for the good)

I sympathise with your frustration but commend what the developers have created in just 12 months!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:44 am 
Adept
Adept

Yes i forgot to mention in my just posted entry in Share Your Videos that I did an awful lot of manual copying and pasting and filtering of wind noise with the audio often separated and then moved or filtered as best I could figure.
As I said there I wish LF had more automation because although the features are great (in fact amazing considering) it takes an age to apply them manually to every clip. Copy and paste is limited. I don’t like subscriptions either for casual use but I would likely re-buy LF every year or two!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello everyone

thanks for all these comments, I've added them all to our database.

We are always working on making improvements to the app, so these comments are invaluable.

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:23 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Support for Audiounits would support hundreds of audio apps that do this. IAA support too plz

I say let the developers work on the video app, AU has hundreds of developers. Eg I use brusfri for noise it’s an AU plugin. I have dozens more used in GarageBand, music production etc. Also for video audio

Lumafusion had AU support but somehow was dropped
Hope it re-adds this

Just hire extra people for development and charge a one off for extras, I will pay, not for basics copy and paste, export etc eg file management please

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:15 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Ha ha ha ha ha

Great idea

Just hire extra people ...

I like your thoughts ... if only it were that simple

Brilliant!!

I would happily pay too (I mean that sincerely)

... but most people wouldn't

I am sure we will see more audio functionality in the future

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:30 am 

Quote:
Support for Audiounits would support hundreds of audio apps that do this. IAA support too plz

Lumafusion had AU support but somehow was dropped
Hope it re-adds this
Agreed. I think I referenced audio units for that reason. As you mentioned they did have support for them and although I don't remember the specifics it was removed for bugs with iOS 11. They aren't even the only victims of iOS 11 bugs. As an example Horizon camera had to remove stabilization for 4K resolution.

Like many I was disappointed. It's almost like the day after Christmas and Santa taking all the presents back for a mixup leaving me with coal instead. ha.

Just trying to be patient.
Quote:
Just hire extra people for development and charge a one off for extras, I will pay, not for basics copy and paste, export etc eg file management please
Considering the purchase price of the app at $20 dollars and Apple's commision I don't think they can afford more staff.

I am so glad they have this as a single purchase instead of a subscription. Like many I have enough subscriptions and refuse to subscribe to software subs and yet without new money coming new money coming in from upgrades or subscriptions that's not a sustainable business model.

When Quicken, Adobe, Hulu, Kine, OnePass, and so on went mandatory subscription it was like they were telling me they didn't want me as a customer. Do the math that's like $700 on top a year. Add that to my annual rent, utilities, etc that'd be almost $20000 a year. So no thanks.

That's not to say I wouldn't approve a upgraded version every year or 2 they shouldn't add a new version while maintaining the previous iteration for those who don't feel it's worth the upgrade.
Quote:
I would happily pay too (I mean that sincerely)

... but most people wouldn't

I am sure we will see more audio functionality in the future
Yeah that's one of the reasons I am strongly against the subscription model.

I like having an option to buy an upgraded version every other year. "Lumafusion 2018," "Lumafusion v2," etc. This would also make it so those that aren't willing or don't feel it's worth the upgrade they don't have to. But still adds to the sustainability of a company.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:33 am 

Quote:
Yes, Chroma Key was the most requested feature
I meant was it really the most WANTED/DESIRED feature. I edited my above post to reflect that. My point is that I wager there are many - like myself - who aren't very vocal on forums if something has already been covered. Beating a dead horse and all. -_- heh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:56 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Knobs it truly is. Just a heads up. It really is not a good idea to laugh at customers and/or beta testers.
But I guess you guys are also customer experts. :?

I don’t care because I pity ignorant people.
You sound like the guys laughing at assembly lines back when the model t made fools of those geniuses :roll:
Anyways... :lol:
You would only need to get eg AU support for an app. If you designed the software in a modular fashion yes it is, if no that’s another story.

Maybe a surgeon should run the entire OR and admitting too? What about a pathologist they should take the biopsy, run the lab and also type and hand deliver the result to the surgeon? Deligate some

Me I was an Infuse purchaser just see what happened when they tried to dump all v4 users of their 15 dollar app for v5. They lost a LOT of customers and competitors ate the rest
Please no v2 of Lumafusion

just see Set List Makers pay model. I would pay for advanced features as an iap. I agree no subscriptions please for features

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:37 pm 

Quote:
Knobs it truly is. You would only need to get eg AU support for an app. If you designed the software in a modular fashion yes it is, if no that’s another story.
I agree I miss the AU.
Quote:
just see Set List Makers pay model. I would pay for advanced features as an iap.
What is a "List Maker" price model?

I would prefer - although no one wants to spend more - IAPs/addons feature upgrades leaving me options. Just like I proposed 2 options.

It depends on the price point. Like those freemium games. If they were to overcharge each of the features they'd lose just as many customers if not more than a V2.

It's the freedom of choice I find appealing.

2 examples: I used to have Adobe Premiere and was a paying Hulu subscriber. And then they went mandatory subscriptions.