Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:50 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.7 is now available on the App Store, which includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.

Post subject: Export Video Error
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:21 am 
Novice
Novice

Hi folks, been loving LumaFusion so far... I am using it with an iPad Mini 4 to edit 4kdrone footage from Mavic Pro.

I started using LumaFusion because Adobe Premiere crawls on my MacBook Pro, and getting a new laptop/more memory is not an option right now. Using iMovie to edit the footage is a lot smoother, but the Mavic footage drops frames regularly and it crashes imovie unless i go in a delete the bad frame causing awkward footage... The single blackframe from the drop is preferable, but iMovie wont just ignore it. Anyhoo, thats why I started using LumaFusion.... It ignored the dropped frames and ran fast on an iPad Mini 4

And I got a bunch of great footage edited over the last few weeks I've been using it... Until yesterday..

I have 2 master video clips from the mavic, and whatever royalty free music from LumaFusion. I also created two voiceovers of 8 and 6 seconds... The final video is in the 3 minutes and 8 seconds range. Less when I removed a questionable clip...

But I keep getting Error uploading.

I tried all this without success:
Uploading to Photo (i have plenty of space), Facebook, Youtube and Dropbox. I've had luck in Dropbox in the past with difficult video, but not this time.
Consolidating the media. Same error as if i uploaded
Removing the voiceovers. Same error.
Removing the clip where the camera spazzed out (even tho I wanted to keep it to show a problem). Same error
Dropped the resolution to 1024k and 30 fps. Same error
Got rid of all transitions
Deleted everything, rebooted my iPad and started a brand new project.
I do not have any clip speed changes, or any effects or transitions now.
I have the latest version of iOS and LumaFusion installed.
LumaFusion has created videos before. When I had problems uploading to the Photo app in the past, i switched to the Dropbox option and it worked... not this time.

Nothing worked... The processing pie chart goes all the way to the 100% mark and then pops up the uploading error... So I can't find the specific timestamp that gives me a problem.

Any ideas? I have not edited anything other than this since the last LumaFusion Update, so i cant say its because of that or not...

Thanks
-=James

Post subject: Re: Export Video Error
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:42 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Sounds stupid, and I expect you've already tried it, but try force closing everything and restarting your iPad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:20 pm 
Novice
Novice

Yep, I force close everything at least 2-3 times a day normally... With this error, I'm at 8-9 times LOL
Quote:
Sounds stupid, and I expect you've already tried it, but try force closing everything and restarting your iPad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello James

yes, this seems like a problem.

I'm going to suggest that you archive this project with trimmed media. Then restore that archive and try exporting your video from that new project.

If that doesn't work, then we would want to get a hold of that archived project so that we can reproduce the problem here and fix it.

You can archive to cloud storage, but if you don't have access to that, you can archive to 'Other App / Airdrop' and save it in the Files app in this location:
On My iPad/LumaFusion/Projects

Then you can open the Files app, navigate to that folder and tap on that project, which will open LumaFusion.

Let me know how this goes

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:15 pm 
Novice
Novice

Thank you Androu...

Well, I fixed it. I was reading the forums here deeper and the fact that the export went ok up to the 100% mark before popping up with an error got me thinking... I didnt realize that LumaFusion bombed at bad frames. Based on my experience it went all the way to 100 all the time...

So I browsed the footage, and the video clip ended 2 seconds before the audio did. I didnt think that mattered, but i cut the audio earlier and tried exporting again... I was grasping at straws.. And what do you know? It worked!

Still need to read a tutorial how to fade out the audio and video, but good enough for me tonight...

Not sure if you'll be able to see this (or care), but here it is:
https://www.facebook.com/lanternmedia/v ... 33/?type=3
(scariest 27 seconds of drone flying for me...But it was just a mid-flight camera reset)

Quote:
Hello James

yes, this seems like a problem.

I'm going to suggest that you archive this project with trimmed media. Then restore that archive and try exporting your video from that new project.

If that doesn't work, then we would want to get a hold of that archived project so that we can reproduce the problem here and fix it.

You can archive to cloud storage, but if you don't have access to that, you can archive to 'Other App / Airdrop' and save it in the Files app in this location:
On My iPad/LumaFusion/Projects

Then you can open the Files app, navigate to that folder and tap on that project, which will open LumaFusion.

Let me know how this goes

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:15 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi James

Glad you sorted it

That was weird with your drone - it looked like it reset the gimbal mid flight - eek
I've never had that happen to me or seen reports of it! Had you updated the drone firmware prior to flight or anything? - weird!

To fade out video or music at the end just drag the 'CrossDIssolve' transition over the end of the clip. You can adjust the length of the fade by dragging the clip

(You can do it other ways with keyframes etc)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:22 pm 
Novice
Novice

Thanks Dave... Yeah, not sure why it started doing that... I have everything updated to the latest app and firmware... I calibrated everything last night and went up for 45 minutes today and it happened again... This time i didnt panic thinking i hit something - once the reset finished, i just kept flying as normal...Whats weird is that the reset didnt even stop the recording...

Thanks for the fadeout... I was doing transitions with the +sign transition option and its not as 'controllable' Will play with it...

LumaFusion is quite a powerful little app
Quote:
Hi James

Glad you sorted it

That was weird with your drone - it looked like it reset the gimbal mid flight - eek
I've never had that happen to me or seen reports of it! Had you updated the drone firmware prior to flight or anything? - weird!

To fade out video or music at the end just drag the 'CrossDIssolve' transition over the end of the clip. You can adjust the length of the fade by dragging the clip

(You can do it other ways with keyframes etc)