Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:18 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.7 is now available on the App Store, which includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.

Post subject: I Need Exporting Help
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:45 am 

I can't seem to find the answer to my question despite searching on the webs. About shooting, editing, and exporting. I vlog and I like to shoot in 60fps because changing settings means missed shots and I never know when I may want to use a clip for slow motion. So I edit in a 60fps timeline. I have been exporting in 30fps. The video looks fine and the slowmo looks good. I'd like to use 24fps for a more cinematic look to some vlogs. Am I doing this all wrong? Is there a better method? Any feedback would be helpful. I guess I don't understand what happens in the software when changing the fps in the timeline and during export. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello fatheringautism

What you are doing is sounds good, shooting 60fps and slowing down to 50% with some clips, then exporting at 30. This will work very well.

Take a look at the two LumaTouch KnowHow documents that I have attached here. They will explain what happens to frames when you manipulate them with speed and when you export them at a different fps to what you had been working in.

With regard to wanting to work with 60fps footage but export at 24fps, you won't find a great solution. The normal speed video clips will always playback jerky. However, slowing 60fps to 24fps will give you great slow-motion.

In my opinion, shooting 60fps will never give you a film look. A high frame rate like that has a particular 'hyper real' look that is different to what we are used to seeing with film shot at 24.

Hope this helps

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

Attachments:
LTKH Understanding Frame Rate 60 to 24.png
LTKH Understanding Frame Rate 60 to 24.png [ 307.37 KiB | Viewed 169 times ]
LTKH Understanding Frame Rate 60 to 30.png
LTKH Understanding Frame Rate 60 to 30.png [ 319.06 KiB | Viewed 169 times ]