Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.7 is now available on the App Store, which includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.

Post subject: Softness! (Also, WOW!)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:07 pm 
Adept
Adept

Hi, LumaFolks —

1.5 is INCREDIBLE! Cropping! Chroma Key! Wow. You all have just outdone yourselves; this release brings some incredible functionality to mobile production. Just kind of mind-blowing.

That said, I have something I’d like to request: softness. I’d like to see softness manifest in a couple ways.

1. On the cropping tool, I’d love to be able to feather the edge of the crop. If I’m trying to do a split-screen so my actor can appear on screen twice, being able to soften the edge of the split is tremendously important to hide it. I also just did a test using the crop tool and keyframing to anonymize a shot — pixelating someone’s face out. (This is similar to the tutorial on anonymizing a license plate, but so much easier with keyframable cropping!) Being able to feather the crop would make the anonymization much smoother. (Low-resolution and low-framerate animated GIF attached.)

2. Feather and shrink key. The chroma keyer is surprisingly clean, but there are some jaggies on edges that would be cleaned up so nicely with just the ability to shrink/expand and feather the key.

3. (I’ve requested this before, and I know it’s on “the list,” but I’m hoping to bump it up on the list.) Ease-in and ease-out on keyframing. LumaFusion is so close to being able to replace my desktop editing software for certain applications, and ease-in/ease-out would make it so I could completely handle some of my pro productions entirely on LF.

Again, folks, this is an unbelievably powerful app, and 1.5 has brought it to new heights!

Attachments:
DDA0AC4D-9CE8-49EB-879F-21CE96031F5F.gif
DDA0AC4D-9CE8-49EB-879F-21CE96031F5F.gif [ 4.99 MiB | Viewed 223 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:35 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello sfdex

thank you for your enthusiasm over the latest release.

We have all your suggestions on our to do list.

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch