Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 7:27 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.3 is now available on the App Store. This feature release includes integration with Gnarbox, and numerous improvements to the library and import and export providers

LumaFX 2.5 is now available on the App Store. This adds new ways to import media, and fixes the issue with importing LUTs

Post subject: Transitions audio cuts
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:43 am 
Novice
Novice

Good day!
I edited a video and used few regular crossfades, audio crossfade but video cut and fade out.
I noticed that I have some cuts/jumps at the audio at the transitions that I didn’t had previously.
IOS 11.2.2
Ver: 1.5.604
iPad 5th generation (2017), 128GB.
Simple editing without colorgrade or other stuff.
Only in few clips I put the clips volume to appx' -5db.

From my experience in audio daws:
It’s fills like the transitions bypass the clip settings and boosts the audio back to to 0db and then starts the crossfade/transition.

And off topic - when this app will be available to android?
I know the issues that android have with millions of different devices but at least with support at the current flagships devices.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:13 am 
Adept
Adept

I can’t speak for the developers of LumaFusion, but I have been part of developing an iOS app, and with that background, I can tell you that it’s not a simple matter to port a media-intensive app to Android. The iOS app framework is unique; many things that are trivially easy to accomplish in iOS require thousands of person-hours to make happen in Android, and many things that are trivially easy to do in Android simply can’t be done in iOS.

Given how much LumaFusion relies on iOS’s core video and core animation tools, I’d suspect it would be a massive undertaking to port LumaFusion to Android; Android doesn’t have (or at least it didn’t when I was developing my app) the same kind of robust support for handling video and animation, so they’d likely have to construct the entire video engine. Creating an engine like that from the ground up is a daunting task, at best, particularly if the functionality is expected to be identical on both platforms. Given that LumaTouch are only a few dedicated and talented individuals, I would imagine it would be nearly impossible for them to devote adequate resources to developing the app for Android while maintaining the app on iOS. Perhaps if LumaFusion becomes a HUGE seller, they’d be able to bring on some Android developers, but I suspect that they simply have to analyze the market and determine how to get the best results from their time and effort.

Again, I’m not affiliated with LumaFusion, so, they may have a very different take on this, but I’d suspect that porting to Android is not very high on their list, simply because it’s such a huge undertaking.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:52 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Miko_ha

Everything Dex said ...

Given that LumaTouch are only a few dedicated and talented individuals, I would imagine it would be impossible for them to devote adequate resources to developing the app for Android while maintaining the app on iOS

... but I've removed the word 'nearly'

And for my part, I do know it is something they are considering but there is no timeframe for this so don't raise your hopes just yet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:20 pm 
Novice
Novice

I agree, I know the issues with Android.
I have to say that 80% of my use on iso it’s LumaFusion and it was the reason I’ve got an iso device.
There is absolutely no competitors to this software, not in ios and not in Android, it boosted my creativity in hundreds percentages, it’s the iOS that I really hate.....

Anyway, did someone noticed the issue I wrote?

Here’s the video
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDmvgNpbDEM