Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:15 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.5 is now available on the App Store. This update fixes camera adaptor import as well as small fixes and stability improvements.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:29 am 
Novice
Novice

I’m a little confused about the whole purpose of exporting a ‘Project Archive’.

My impression is that this option is available so that one can export a project on one device and open it on another device to continue working on it.

In my case I am wanting to transfer the project from my iPad to my iPhone.

So I exported the ‘Project Archive’ on my iPad to my Dropbox and to iCloud Drive. For Dropbox it saves it directly to Dropbox, and when I select iCloud Drive it brings up the new iOS 11 Files App and I select iCloud Drive from the list.

Now, I open LumaFusion on my iPhone and hit the Import Media button (3 dots) and select Dropbox as the source. But the ‘Project archive’ is not there even though I had exported it there on my iPad. So I hit the Import Media button again and this time I select iCloud Drive as the source. Contrary to Dropbox, the file (project archive) is there but it’s greyed out and I cant select it or do anything with it. Why not?

So as a test, I head over to my native Dropbox app on my iPhone and sure enough the project archive is there. So now I’m really confused, because earlier when I had tried through the Import Media in LumaFusion it was not there, but when I go into the native Dropbox app it is there. Seriously confusing.

In the native Dropbox app I then select the file, select export, select Open In, select Copy to LumaFusion, and voila, the project opens in LumaFusion on my iPhone.

And one last place to check is in the iOS 11 native Files app, in iCloud Drive, and sure enough the file (project archive) is there and not greyed out. So I select it and it opens in LumaFusion on my iPhone. All good.

But what is not good, or what is confusing, is that if I try to import the project archive though the Import Media button in LumaFusion, and I select iCloudDrive as the source, the project archive is greyed out. Whereas, as mentioned above, if I go into iCloud Drive through the native Files app, the project archive is there and available to select and open.

Why the differences?

Thanks for letting me know the best practices for dealing with project archives, and for clearing up any confusion I may have.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:13 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello PresidentJade

thanks for this post, and the detailed explanation of what has been happening.

You are tapping on the media import button. The three dot button imports media only and not archived projects.

To restore a project, open the projects page (where you see your list of projects) and tap on the import button in the lower left.

That should do it.

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch