Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:39 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:50 pm 
Novice
Novice

Since purchasing the app I have had a test just using random videos to get used to the layout. I decided a few weeks ago to use the app for some social media video adverts that I have shot for clients. So far, real use of the app for important work has not been possible due to errors.

My main error with three seperate edits is that app keeps squashing the aspect ratio in random clips and there seems no way to correct this. Even clicking the stretch option does not fix it.

So I am going to have to resort to starting the edits from scratch on premier pro.

Anyone else having this issue?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:17 am 
Adept
Adept

Can't say I have seen this behaviour. Do you have some examples or can provide screenshots or sample footage?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:29 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Same here

Sorry you're having problems

Any examples with your workflow?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:08 pm 
Novice
Novice

Ok so I didn’t want to have wasted the days I spent editing so decided to try and see if I could come up with a solution. When the app randomly squeezes the aspect ratio it happens when I cut the particular clip. But.. after a lot of trial and error I figured out that if you cut the clip 3/4 times, the aspect ration jumps back to its correct 16:9 ratio. I then just pull the cut footage back to the beginning of where it should have been and delete the cut sections. Another workaround is by cloning the clip and clicking undo 3/4 times. Not ideal at all and took my 8 hours to correct all of my footage. Just thought I would give this info Alford anyone else that this happened to.

The footage is from my canon 5D mkii 1080p at 30fps and a few clips from a canon 550d at 60fps at 720p imported from my MacBook using iTunes sync folder option. The final output is exported at 1080p

I still think this is a fantastic app and looking forward to getting an update to fix this.

How do I send screengrabs from my iPhone on here?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:08 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Novice

When you’re making a post go to Choose File below the window (it doesn’t appear unless you’re posting)

Then tap add the file

It takes a few seconds to pull the file in

You can then add it to your post

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:18 pm 
Novice
Novice

Ok so after spending hours fixing this. I closed the app and went back to the project later and all that work has again been reset and all those particular clips have been squashed again. I’ve missed the deadline for this now and need a fix ASAP. Who do I contact regarding supposed on this? Thanks.

I have attached two screenshots. One is the squashed clip and the other is how it should be. iPhone 7+ latest iOS software and latest lumatouch update.

Attachments:
BC12413E-6278-4DA9-A4D0-862AE091F4CF.png
BC12413E-6278-4DA9-A4D0-862AE091F4CF.png [ 2.02 MiB | Viewed 1961 times ]
BD3BEEA4-151F-4A19-9E7C-5DC2BC80D4EB.png
BD3BEEA4-151F-4A19-9E7C-5DC2BC80D4EB.png [ 1.82 MiB | Viewed 1961 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:26 pm 
Novice
Novice

I just wanted to update on this. After finishing the edit I deleted the app and reinstalled it again. So far the app has been performing perfectly again. Maybe it could have been an issue with my iPhone 7+ rather than the app itself. I’m not sure. But glad the app is performing great again.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:44 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi domehouse

Sorry you had problems before

Glad you've stuck with us

We are testing a feature at the moment which has incremental backups (just in case!)