Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:25 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:35 pm 

After 3 days editing I just lost the whole project. Suddenly I couldn’t add titles anymore, instead as a video clip they appeared as a sound clip. I decided to close the app and start again LumaFusion. Big mistake. After double clicking the Home button, swiping up the app and starting again, all my project was lost.
Of course I do not have a backup, because uploading a 3 GB project to Dropbox over a 5 Mbps upload link takes a very long time, too much time.
I don’t think I can recover my editing, but I wish, it would be possible to save a project locally to the Ipad. An incremental save would be even better.

How do you save your projects? Do you have a 100Mbps upload link to the Internet at home?
My advise- be carefully and try to save your project periodically, if you have the time.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:21 am 
Adept
Adept

When I'm working on a project that takes a while, I tend to do some editing then exit the project to save it but then then clone that as a form of snapshot. I think the last edit I did had around 7 snapshots of the project when it was complete. This provides an easy way to restore to an earlier version if I make a bunch of edits that I'm not so keen on after implementing them. It also means if there is some form of project crash that I have a recent back up.
FYI, I have never experienced any kind of crash that has caused me to take snapshots in this way, it is just a preference I have when editing.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:52 pm 

Thanks for your reply. After the crash all the project were gone, I am not quite sure if a clone would have survived. But it is a very good idea to have some saveguards, periodic project backups and clone snapshots. Now that I know that one can backup locally to the Ipad/ Iphone, I will save projects after each important stage. Lesson learned.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:37 am 

Hi!

Buy for example iExpand USB storage and save the project there.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:02 am 
Novice
Novice

What a pity to lose the whole project :cry:

One of my my great wishes is actually, that it will be possible to save a project locally to the Ipad - especially to Photo App.
Hope they include that feture in the near future ..

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:39 am 

Quote:
Hi!

Buy for example iExpand USB storage and save the project there.
Thanks Finne for this very good tip, it’s a good idea.
Regards.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:45 pm 

I thought I did but closing program and restarting it brought it back for me