Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:13 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:19 am 
Novice
Novice

I use a great app on the IPhone 7 plus that stabilizes micro shake from my DSLR footage and is fantastic. I have edited all of my footage in Luma Touch but need to stabilize some clips. What would be the best way to do this?

My first thought would be to find the file names of the clips in lumatouch and then open the selected videos in the stabilization software, let them render and save over the original file. Would Lumatouch recognise that the file has been stabilized or not? The reason I don't know is because I dont know where to find the info to get the file name in Lumatouch. The info does not display this.

Or does anyone else have an easier method?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:54 am 

I am also struggling to stabilize my videos. There are external apps on iOS, but the workflow to do so comes from hell. Please LumaTouch, priotorize that feature higher. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:02 pm 
Novice
Novice

I use the app Emulsio. It does a fairly good job, but not anything like Warp stabilizer. It is pretty easy to use since you can perform nondestructive stabilization on video's directly from the cameraroll. There is another app called 'Deshake'. I'm curious to see how this app performs.

@domehouse What app do you use?

I also would love to see stabilization in Luma Fusion!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:56 pm 
Novice
Novice

I use the same app as you and think it’s fantastic. It does an incredible job once you know how to tune the setting. Really smooth.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:37 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is a exemple of EMULSIO

This is my workflow but I have some problems with EMULSIO and LumaFusion

- create the video with my different clips
- when I know exactly what I use, I stabilize only this clips
- then reopen LumaFusion and you have your video stabilized.

I have a problem with EMULSIO with this workflow.
After stabilization, LumaFusion display a black video
When I use DESHAKE, I don’t have this problem.

I am in contact with the developers of LF and EMULSIO to resolve this problem.

When I use the same workflow with IMovie and EMULSIO I don’t have this problem.

Attachments:
33747054-296C-4E79-9B81-8EA04A9DABF3.jpeg
33747054-296C-4E79-9B81-8EA04A9DABF3.jpeg [ 382.17 KiB | Viewed 1040 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:32 pm 
Adept
Adept

I’ve used both Emulsio and Deshake. Generally I find Deshake easy to use and it avoids excessive quality reduction.
What I would like to see in a stabiliser is the ability to designate the object which should appear stable. If this was added to LumaFusion it would be a great addition.
For example I used LumaFusion to stabilise a wildly swaying long shot of a swimming penguin taken from a ferry. To do this I had to mark a spot on the screen with a paper sticker and then use multiple key frame adjustments to keep the penguin aligned with the sticker. I then cloned in some extra sea over the black frame edges created.
I was proud of the result but it was very tedious

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:11 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

It does sound tedious, but that was a great way of doing it Mark

... now where are my paper stickers ....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:39 am 
Novice
Novice

I usually add a Title in the top track with a rectangle having a colored edge but no face color.
Then I frame the subject that I want to focus on into the rectangle and keep it within the frame boundaries.
By the end, just remove the Title with the rectangle. Kind of a virtual Sticky Note.

MVE
https://www.youtube.com/user/In7egral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:22 pm 
Adept
Adept

Good on ya! Yes I started figuring a way to do it like that and then thought nah I can just use a paper sticker. Mind you I then had to search the house for a suitable sticker :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:41 pm 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
I usually add a Title in the top track with a rectangle having a colored edge but no face color.
Then I frame the subject that I want to focus on into the rectangle and keep it within the frame boundaries.
By the end, just remove the Title with the rectangle. Kind of a virtual Sticky Note.

MVE
https://www.youtube.com/user/In7egral
Clever idea thanks for sharing.