Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:09 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

Post subject: Feature requests please
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:36 pm 

I am new to this software only using around a month. Unless I am missing something there are two things I would like to see added if possible. When editing a video can there be a way to pinch zoom in and/or out in either the main editing screen or when you double click the video to see it a bit larger. I ask this because editing my sons hocket videos it is difficult to see which player is on the ice to see if I want that clip or not. As of right now I need to exit the app, open photos, find the right video then the right spot to pinch zoom to see if that player is him. I would think this is possible at either spot or even both since it is only for playback not actual editing. You could probably add a reset button or a way to go back to the actual size if that would be needed. I also do not think this would need to be saved as part of the file since it only for a viewing option for the editor.

Another l feature I and I might guess others can use is under the Frame and Fit editing. You show the position X and position Y along with size, size X and size Y can u add a % size field? So if I zoom in to 37% on one clip and want to do the same on a second clip this could be easier to use and remember the x.xxxx format. I understand this might be too basic for some but might be great for others.

I hope these two requests make sense. Typing while upset ant watching a bad hockey game may have got to the best of me.

Doug

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:43 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Doug

When you are in ‘Frame & Fit’ you will see on the right hand side

Fit Mode
Size and Position
Blending

If you tap on the > on the left hand side of ‘Size and Position’ a window with sliders opens
The third slider down is size
Slide this to the right and make the number bigger than 1 to increase the size
This is only on a per clip basis, but if you increased it to say 1,25 for each clip they would be zoomed by the same amount

A % might be a better idea but it amounts to the same thing

Hope that helps

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Doug,

One more suggestion - remember you can save a preset with your zoom level, (or anything else you are doing) by tapping on the star button, naming the preset and then tapping star again.

That will make it quick to apply it from the presets panel inside the timeline toolbox or inside the frame and fit editor.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:04 pm 
Adept
Adept

Yippee, another sports editor.

Ask for full screen rough cut editing and we might be able to get it bumped up the list :D

When I edit my son's soccer matches I rough cut first to get all the scenes that he is in and then go back to fine tune the the cuts and add effects.

The idea of full screen rough cut editing is you will see the video on the entire screen but only be able to do the most basic editing functions such as cutting and deleting all the unwanted video.

In the meantime what I do as my work flow is the following, which may or may not give you some ideas:-

1. When I video a game I leave the camera rolling. I don't stop and start except for breaks. This way I only have 3 or 4 long video clips
2. I import video for the entire game into the project
3. I double click each of the 3 or 4 videos clips and in frame and fit I zoom in a little on the video
4. I then go back to timeline and scroll through to cut out all the clips that my son isn't in
5. I then reset the zoom to original and start my detailed editing

It's not perfect but since you should be trying to keep your son in the center of the frame when making the video in most cases you won't be zooming your son out of frame and the slight zoom you make before doing your rough cut can make it easier to see you son.

Another idea that I think Terri gave me is to edit in portrait. Until then I had been editing by holding my iPad in landscape but if you hold it in portrait the video is actually a little bigger on the screen.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:54 pm 

Sorry for late response. Thanks!!

Doug