Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:58 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:37 pm 
Novice
Novice

Hey. I loved the fact that the option to use luts was brought into the app, but I have found that I can not use any of mine (I use Osiris M31 lut) due to the fact that there is no option to reduce the strength of the lut. I am therefor having to export my finished edit and import it to another lut app on my IPhone 7+. But that isnt great because I can only set the lut to the full video, where as I need to set different opacities of the lut to different clips individually. I have tried reducing the saturation ad vibrance in the 'original' colour corrections layer so that the lut is less affective, and tried different settings but it does not give the correct look of the lut. It would be great if under the lut layer, that it could have a slider of the strength. This would mean that I have 3 layers.. One is the lut layer (with strength slider), the other is the 'original' colour corrections layer, and the 3rd layer is the sharpen tool. (which has a slider to control strength).

Or am I missing something, maybe there is an option to control the strength of the lut somewhere. Any info would be great, or maybe someone has found a good workaround to this.

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:09 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello domehouse

Have you tried applying the original before applying the LUT.

A LUT is simply a conversion. It looks at the RGB values of the video and translates those numbers into different numbers. There is no ‘strength’ as such. Adjustments to the image are typically made after the LUT, but in our app you could make adjustments (color correction) before the LUT. I think this might give you what you want.

Did you shoot LOG? And which camera did you use?
I would also be interested in seeing some before and after screen shots, original; with LUT applied; with CC applies etc.

Regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch