Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:16 am

All times are UTC-07:00

LumaFusion 1.3.6 is now available on the App Store. This update improves editing performance and fixes a few issues.
LumaFX and LumaClip 2.3.1 are now available on the App Store. This fixes export problem for iOS 9 users

Post subject: Audio export
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:57 pm 

Hi

I think it would be good to be able to export audio only to a local location on the phone like iTunes or other location. For me this would be more ideal as my internet is extremely slow and therefore don't use cloud storage much.

Also agree with some of the other posts for features:
1. Video stabilisation
2. Video masking eg. only seeing the video through a user defined shape
3. Video cropping
4. Green screen to be able to change the background
5. Sound effects

Wouldn't mind something to create animation

Post subject: Re: Audio export
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:47 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi, FFF —

I’m not with LumaTouch, but thought I’d pipe in. I just did a test and can export the audio to the Files App in iOS 11; from there you can open it in other apps like GarageBand or other most any other audio app using the drag-and-drop functionality. Here’s how:

1. Select the share feature.
2. Select “Audio Only.”
3. Select “Other App/Airdrop.”
4. Select the settings you want.
5. Tap “Share with these settings.”
6. Once it’s finished rendering, select “Save to Files” (or alternatively, you can open the audio file directly in any of the apps that appear in your share sheet).

Video stabilization is something that folks have asked for, and LumaTouch have said it’s on the feature request list. Video Stabilization is a pretty complex process, and there are other apps available to stabilize video (though nothing beats capturing it from a stabilization device — tripod, gyro-stabilizer, steadicam, etc). A good iOS video stabilization app I’ve used is called Emulsio. (It’s not as good as stabilization you can do in AfterEffects on a Mac or PC, but it’s surprisingly good.)

Masking is definitely on the list of requested features, but based on what you’re asking for, I think you can accomplish it with existing apps. If I wanted to make a binoculars mask effect, I’d open up ProCreate or Autodesk Graphic and make a black 16:9 solid, then delete the binocular shape from the solid. Export the still as a PNG file (preserving transparency) to the camera roll. Then bring the still into LumaFusion and lay it over the top of the video. Viola! There’s a binocular mask over the video. (I’d probably even put a blur on it in LumaFusion, just to soften it up and make it feel more real.)

I think the masking requests that have been made before, though, are more complex; I know that I would like to be able to have just a portion of video playing while seeing other video behind it, or to be able to add effects to only a portion of the video clip. This is the kind of masking that I understand LumaTouch folks are working on.

Video Cropping? Not sure what you’re asking for here, unless it’s trim part of the video off, leaving only a portion of the video playing, with whatever is below it in the timeline visible. If that’s the case, that’s the same thing as the masking request I described in the paragraph above. If not, can you be more specific?

Sound effects. That would be useful, but you can also go to www.freesound.org and download sound effects for pretty much anything (many of which are copyright free, or at least free for use in personal projects). You can download them directly into LumaFusion, and they wind up in the “imported” folder. I create my own sound effects for a lot of things, recording in GarageBand and then exporting from there to LumaFusion. I also own an extensive library of sound effects that I’ve imported to my iTunes music library and made into a playlist, so I can access them from LumaFusion by going to the iTunes tab.

LumaFusion has some robust animation tools already in it, but “animation” means a bunch of different things to different people. If you’re wanting to create cartoons or something like that, check out Animation Pro or DoInk. If you’re wanting to do “mograph” style animations (text, shapes, etc), try using the position, scale, and rotation tools inside LumaFusion. (Double tap the clip in the timeline to open the various options there.)

I hope this is helpful.
- Dex

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:49 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Good suggestions again Dex

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:42 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yep, thanks for the response sfdex

awesome

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:43 pm 

Here is an example of video masking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78uEIxYiFQM

What I mean by video cropping is for example you have a 1080p video but you only want quarter of what is displayed

For animation, I was thinking of something to create intros to videos or animation in logos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:45 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Using the same technique I described for the binocular mask, I just created this demo clip using Autodesk Graphic to create the text layer and LumaFusion to do the composite. This is pretty much exactly what was demonstrated in your YouTube video link.

(Find the demo video I created here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bn5tapubkscx1 ... X.mp4?dl=0)

Of course, this isn’t quite the same as the “source in” feature they suggest using in whatever app that is; in Premiere Pro there are a bunch of ways to obtain the “source in” result, but I’d most likely use a track matte; that would also allow the solid black area in this (and the YouTube demo) video to be replaced with other video, as well.

The titler inside LumaFusion is robust for many purposes (like news, open captions, etc), but if you’re wanting to create something really snappy, you’re probably better off going with a dedicated app for that kind of thing — Intro Designer is one that comes to mind for iOS. (Or you can build complex graphic openings on a desktop machine.)

That said, there is a LOT one can do with the tools inside LumaFusion. If I have time, I’ll throw together a few ideas.

Your definition of Video Cropping isn’t possible in LumaFusion as of yet, but it is on the list of feature requests. That said, you can do some interesting quarter-panel video effects in collage apps like Diptic, render them out to your Camera Roll, and use the resultant video in LumaFusion. It would be better if we could do this kind of thing inside LumaFusion, but until they’re able to get everything in there, it’s going to take some work-arounds.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:14 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Here’s something I VERY quickly threw together using an old video clip and the tools inside LumaFusion. There’s a lot of power in LumaFusion; play around with it. It doesn’t have presets for this kind of title animation, so you have to use your imagination. (Which I think is more fun, anyway.)

This is a low-resolution animated GIF to make it easier for you to see here in the forum.

Attachments:
F5041157-5DAF-4AB5-9610-FD6BA026CAA2.gif
F5041157-5DAF-4AB5-9610-FD6BA026CAA2.gif [ 889.96 KiB | Viewed 119 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:33 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello sfdex

great little clip, well done

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch