Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:35 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:05 pm 
Novice
Novice

I just finished with my project but I cannot export to YouTube or save to my phone. The app crashes about 1/3 of the way into the export. I have a iPhone 7 with the most recent iOS installed.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello matbfal

We are aware of this issue and there could be a few reasons for it.

Can you tell me more about your project, what type of media you are using.

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:12 am 
Novice
Novice

Video filmed in 4K (24 fps) and one clip in 1080p (60 fps clip) with one audio soundtrack covering the entirety of the project. There is also one imbedded picture in the closing credits on another media timeline.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:53 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello matbfal

Thanks for the information.

1) there is a new version of the app available from the App Store that has some fixes for problems with exporting. Have you tried that? Does it make a difference?

2) If the new version of the app doesn’t fix the issue, then try temporarily removing the embedded picture in the closing credit to see if that affects the export. (I’m assuming this is embedded in a title graphic).

Let me know if any of this changes anything.

Regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:21 pm 

Hi. I have a similar issue. Except it doesn’t crash but exporting returns an error message. I’m on an ipad pro with the latest version of ios. Also I updated lumafusion to the latest version today. I must say the video file is pretty loaded with images, text and sound (and sound effects). But I hadn’t any issues with similar videos in the past. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Edit: The error message reads “there was an error reading media” around halfway of exporting. So I tired removing some of the media I have used around that timing but it keeps returning the same message.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:02 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello taquo

although the error message pops up about half way through the export, it doesn't necessarily mean that the problem is there.

The approach I take in attempting to find problem clip(s) is to first create a duplicate project. In the duplicate project I deleted the last half of the timeline, then I export. If the export fails, then I halve the timeline again. If the export succeeds then I create another duplicate project, and delete the last quarter of the timeline and export. I do this until I find the point at which the timeline succeeds or fails. That should let you determine which clip (hopefully it's only one) is causing the issue.

That's one approach but it can be time consuming.

The other approach which sometimes works is to simplify the timeline. That is, look at clips on the timeline that can be brought down a track or two (for video clips) or brought up (for audio clips).

The most usual suspects for media that fails on export are imported video graphics and imported sound effects (so pay attention to those first)

Hope some of this helps, please let me know what you find out

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:29 pm 

Thanks I will try that

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:35 am 

Thanks, that was helpful. In my case, I was only using the sound of some PIP videos. I had separated the sound and the video (3 taps) and unlinked the sound and video. Then removed the video only to leave the sound on the video. But apparently that caused some issues. Anyway everythings fine now. Thanks again :)