Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:18 am

All times are UTC-07:00

LumaFusion 1.3.6 is now available on the App Store. This update improves editing performance and fixes a few issues.
LumaFX and LumaClip 2.3.1 are now available on the App Store. This fixes export problem for iOS 9 users

Post subject: Unsupported Video??!!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:59 am 
Novice
Novice

Please fix the issue where it says when the video is unsupported while editing! It won’t let me export my videos anymore so PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!! THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED NOW! Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:41 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi LumaFusionPerson

If you get a message that it is unsupported ... it's probably because it's unsupported ... because iOS will let you play some formats it doesn't support

Stupid, I know, but that's been like that for ages

However ...

Can you tell us what your video was taken on, the resolution, bitrate etc and I'm sure there will be a way to make it work

or

It may be a bug in the app

The developers need more info than just 'PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!! THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED NOW!' to be able to help ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:57 am 
Novice
Novice

Oops! Sorry, didn’t mean to be rude! It’s just that I was quite frustrated. It was just an edited video mostly taken on my iPad with some pictures in it as well. I thought it was a bug and that it would do it to all video but all the others export fine. It was 30 fps and 1080p if you needed to know that. I will just have to do without exporting that video. I hope it doesn’t do it again. 🤞🏻 Sorry again! ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:18 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hey, LumaFusionPerson —

I’m not with LumaTouch, but thought I’d pipe in. I haven’t had issues like you’re describing, but here are a few thoughts:

1. You haven’t mentioned what model iPad you’re using, so we still can’t tell much about the video, other than 30 FPS. Is it 1080P? Is it 720P? Front-facing camera? Rear facing camera? Did you shoot it with the native camera app? Did you shoot it with something else, like Filmic Pro? If you shot it with something other than the native app, there are often settings in there that you can adjust as far as bit-rate (Filmic Pro has different capture quality settings, for instance). In LumaFusion you can single-tap a clip in the footage window, which takes it into the trimmer window; in the lower right corner of the trimmer window, you’ll see “Info >.” Tap that, and you’ll go to the info window about that clip. There, you can see the bit-rate of the video (it’ll say something like “H.264 at 1.2 MBits/s”). This is super useful for the developers to know.

2. Can you change the output settings and successfully render the video? When you’re rendering it out, there are a ton of settings that you can select. You might try changing the Resolution, Video Quality, and File Format. (The render settings pane also has a handy bit of info at the bottom that helps you make sure you have enough room on your device for the video.)

3. Do you have a different iPad or an iPhone that you can transfer the project to and try to render it from a different device?

I hope something above is helpful to you and/or the LumaTouch folks.

- Dex

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:48 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Dex, good suggestions

LumaFusionPerson - no problem, keep asking or telling us if something isn't working. Yeah, I've had that frustration many times. Someone on here will usually help and if it's a bug it usually gets fixed fairly quickly by the developers