Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:48 am

All times are UTC-07:00

LumaFusion 1.3.6 is now available on the App Store. This update improves editing performance and fixes a few issues.
LumaFX and LumaClip 2.3.1 are now available on the App Store. This fixes export problem for iOS 9 users

Post subject: Importing Projects
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:19 am 

When importing projects (after clearing everything out) the timeline is still linked to files from the internal photos folder instead of the newly imported files under "IMPORTED FILES". Was that the intention?
I would rather have the newly imported files under the project in IMPORTED FILES linked against the timeline. Is that possible?

Post subject: Re: Importing Projects
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:47 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Varo

The first thing to try would be to close the LumaFusion app and re-start it again.
Then take a look at what files are linked to your timeline.

What you should see is the media in the imported folder will have blue check marks on them.

Let me know what happens

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:08 am 

I tried what you told me to do. Still no success.
I deleted all projects and closed the app. I then imported the project file. I can see all the files are there under imported Files, but my timeline is still linked to a folder in the photo section. It also tells me that some media is missing, but the missing file is in the imported folder. NO files are checkmarked in blue, only in the original photo folder, where I still also have the pictures and videos.
I don't know if you can reproduce this? I don't want to delete the files in its original place. For some reason they are still linked to the imported project.
I don't know if IOS 11 will fix the problem. I will retry after I update in a few Hours and post my results.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:39 am 

Small update.

Created just a testing project to see if I can reproduce this. I could.
I grabbed random pictures from photos and added them with royal free music. Exported project and deleted the orignal one. Closed the app. Reimported the just saved project and the timeline is not linked to files under "Imported Files" but to photos and the music too.
As far as I can see it, if there are original files the archive will link to them in the photo section.

New update: once the original file is deleted, it will checkmark the files in the imported folder correctly.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks Varo

I can reproduce here now. That is odd. I'll do more investigating to see what is going on.

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Varo

LumaFusion has an interesting relationship with the Photos app.

1) we cannot delete media from the Photos app using LumaFusion.

2) if your archived project consists of (or has some) media from the Photos app, when you re-import that project onto the same device, we will always connect to the media in the photos app. This in a sense forces you to have to delete the media using the Photos app.

This 2nd part is a design issue, that is to say, we designed it that way. For the most part it was designed for people to be able to take a project from one device and put it onto another. In your case, you are using the same device and being extra cautious before deleting the original source media (I would do that too).

As you have discovered, once you delete the original media, then the project links to the imported folder media instead.

Hope this was helpful

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch