Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:45 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:04 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi, all --

Congratulations on the release of 1.4; it looks like there are going to be some great new features to play with.

Alas, though, there are issues I'm experiencing on 1.4 in a project I was working on before updating:

1. Keyframes seem to be moved on some elements. I had a title superimposed over another piece of video with a "big hole" distortion to warp the title in, and a dissolve applied to the end of the clip. The keyframes for the placement of the title element may not have moved, but after moving the clip from point 1 to point 2, the title element suddenly moved back toward center, as if there were a new keyframe added, but there wasn't a new keyframe visible in the motion editing interface. I wound up just deleting the keyframes and resetting them, but now think this may be a bigger problem on other projects that have lots of keyframe movements.

2. Stuttering playback. I'm using a first-generation iPad Pro 12.9", so it has a lot of horsepower, but now if there are a couple layers of video, I get stuttering in the playback. Before the update, the exact same timeline was playing just fine. So something has happened.

Hope these reports are useful, and I hope you're able to issue an update that corrects at least the playback issue soon.

Thanks!
Dex

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Dex

There are changes made to the way keyframes are handled in 1.4. This is most likely the cause of the problem. In particular speed changed clips might exhibit issues when going from the previous build 1.3.7 to the current build.

I’d be interested to know the specs of the video clips that you are using which exhibit the stuttering playback problem. Is the stuttering throughout the timeline? does it every recover from the stuttering?

Let me know

Regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:23 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi, Androu --

Sorry for the delayed response, but I've checked out a bunch of current projects and the stuttering issue occurs in many.

It's a shame about the keyframes; I do a lot of movement of layers in my edits; if they're all askew these days, that's going to be troublesome.

As for the stuttering issues, I don't have any projects on my iPad that use video from the iPad's camera or from an iPhone's camera, but the stuttering in playback happens in the following situations:

- Video clips that are rendered as .mov files from Animation Pro.
- Video clips that are rendered as .mp4 from Bricolage.
- Still images that are layered atop one another and animated in scale and position, sometimes even without any distortion effects or other effects that one might expect to hinder playback.

To be sure, all of these edit projects in LumaFusion had played without hitch of any sort on my first-generation iPad Pro 12.9" device.

If you'd like quicker responses from me, please feel free to email me directly; I have sent emails to you before, or if there's some mechanism here for a private message to be sent to you, I'll send it to you directly.

- Dex

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:13 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I’m curious if there’s any response to this reported issue. Many of the projects I’d started before updating to 1.4 are essentially unusable as playback is so stuttery when there are any multiple-layer effects (like adding a glint from a .PNG with alpha over a video clip). Some of my projects are very complex — many layers with overlays of laser effects (also .PNG with alpha) animated across a few frames, foreground elements blurred slightly for depth-of-field simulations, etc — and they all played perfectly smoothly before upgrading.

On one of the projects, the stuttering seems to be mitigated after I just play through the complex portions of the timeline, but then if I’ve closed the app and open it again, the stuttering playback returns.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, I’m happy to provide information about the projects. I’d gladly share a project and its associated media for you to have a look at if it would be helpful.

Thanks,
Dex

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:51 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello sfdex

Sorry about not getting back to you sooner, and thanks for updating this post with your issue.

I think the best thing to do would be to take a look at one of your projects.
I will email you separately with details on how to do that.

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:50 pm 

I’m having the same playback issues did luma touch fix the problem for you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:01 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi, ExZxImages —

The issue isn’t solved, though I did upload a project for them, they had a look, and do see the stuttering playback issue. They’re working on it.

These folks are fantastic, pulling off an incredibly complex app with a pretty small staff, so it doesn’t surprise me that a fix may take a while, but I’m confident that they’ll get a fix out.

- Dex