Luma Touch Support Forums

Luma Touch (luma-touch.com) provides support and a great community for Luma Touch apps. Email info@luma-touch.com to get the registration code (or find it in the app store description).
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:02 am

All times are UTC-07:00

LumaFusion 1.3.6 is now available on the App Store. This update improves editing performance and fixes a few issues.
LumaFX and LumaClip 2.3.1 are now available on the App Store. This fixes export problem for iOS 9 users

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:07 am 

As a relatively new user of LumaFusion, I have read a lot of posts on this forum.
What strikes me is that there are many requests, not just improvements in the existing version of LF, but also with special features in, among other things, FX and audio. Some are by professional users with special needs.

The question is, how many functions one can squeeze into LF before it becomes too extensive and complicated for non-professional users who do not need all the features.

In order not to make the LF complicated and keep it easy to use, I suggest instead that all special features such as professionals may need to be added in separate applications (like building blocks) that can be opened when needed within LF, for example:
Menu: Extras <Edit with <LumaFX pro *. (and other upcoming applications)

The clip will then open in the desired app on top of and without leaving LF (possible in iOS 11). After applying the effects you want, there is the option to save the changes in the clip or a copy of the clip directly into LF. In this way you can add in principle how many special functions without LF becoming bulky and complicated, and users can customize LF to their own needs. In this way we get an LF that can fit all levels of users.

Some of these special apps can also be outsourced to independent developers with specialized knowledge, so not to have to put a extra load on LumaTouch's own developers.

* The little I looked at LumaFX it seems like the same features are already integrated into LF and therefore need to be developed into a pro version with new features.

Regards
Danny

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:13 am 
Adept
Adept

Not sure I like the approach of building blocks. I prefer a single app that does what I need with the need for plugs. I think a realistic approach would be to release a LumaFusion Lite with a subset of the most common features.
Having said that, I'm happy with LumaFusion as is, being a single app and if it has features that I don't need or will never use, I'm okay with that. I would rather have features I didn't use than lacking features I need. Sometimes it's great to discover a feature that you didn't think you would use and it turns out to really add to your creative process.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:27 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello everyone

some very interesting comments. Something for us to think about

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:52 pm 
Adept
Adept

@Danny
Perhaps you missed, but Terry already answered that they are developing a computer application with which you can customize LF:
viewtopic.php?p=15580#p15580

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:54 pm 
Novice
Novice

Interesting comment indeed, but my feedback is that I do not like the idea.

I purchased LumaFusion precisely because it is feature rich and I do not find it complicated at all, even though I am a non-professional. There are some features that I don't use, but I'm happy they are there should I need them one day.

I think that if anybody is looking for something super simple and they find LumaFusion hard to use then maybe apps like iMovie, AdobeClip, VivaVideo or Videorama, just to name a few, would be a better fit for them.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:59 am 

Quote:
I purchased LumaFusion precisely because it is feature rich and I do not find it complicated at all, even though I am a non-professional. There are some features that I don't use, but I'm happy they are there should I need them one day.
I also like LumaFusion as it is today and I absolutely do not mind updates and improvements. I thinking about future versions of LF. Will it end up like an iPad version of Final Cut PRO? In view of some professional users, with a wish list long as my arm.
I just wanted to raise the question of other ways to develop an app, an app that can be customized by a user for a his special needs. I have worked for 30 years with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, which I mostly have open simultaneously on my desktop Mac so I can copy and paste between them. But imagine if Adobe hade merged all 3 apps into one giant app, users who, for example, only need Photoshop would have had to wrestle with an app that has lots of features that he nerver would need.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:51 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello everyone

thanks for all these comments, thought I would throw in a few comments

I don't think that we want to create a 'complicated-to-use' app. Nor do we want to create a 'dumbed-down-to-use' app. But, video editing is complicated in many ways, not just in the various video formats and frame rates, but also in workflows, sourcing media, special effects, audio sweetening, voice over, the list goes on. We do keep an eye on these things, what is useful and what might be more esoteric. But primarily we want editing on LumaFusion to be enjoyable, fun and intuitive. That's what we are always striving for.

It is also fair to say that we do get a lot of feature requests every day, and we do take note of them but we are careful about what to put into LumaFusion and when, and we will continue to do that.

Addany, I completely understand what you are saying with the Adobe apps you mention. I work with Prem Pro, After effects and Lightroom on a Mac. I wouldn't want them all to be mushed into one app either.

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch