Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:41 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.5.1 is now available on the App Store. This update fixes the incorrect app name in localized languages

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:07 pm 

I HAVE TWO NEW FEATURE REQUESTS!!!!!!!!! Black bars transition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajev_ZxLw0I

I’d LOVE to have this! Last night I was wondering if it was possible.

My second request is GIF export. I know someone else asked for it but I want to chime in too. I want to make GIFs to pot to Pillowfort and Tumblr. That would be awesome!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:51 am 

I have another request. Animating effects like how it works for videos. I thought I could add a zoom in and keyframe effect “movements” like with videos but that’s not possible. I am shocked :/ I thought it would work for pictures too! I tried to keyframe “movements” of the angle effect but it didn’t “move.” It was just a still image u.u

I hope I explained it well

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:46 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Sakakiyuya88

It does work for still pictures, you can keyframe and move/rotate/resize and/or zoom them

(I knew it did but I've just double checked it and animated a picture of my friends dog flying over a stately home that was also moving)

Attachments:
File comment: 1
fullsizeoutput_9b7.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_9b7.jpeg [ 192.13 KiB | Viewed 35 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:51 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Wow, you’re asking for a LOT from an iPad/iPhone app. I use the Adobe Creative Cloud for my day-to-day professional work, and the things I can pull off on my iPad really kind of blows my mind. But I think you’re wrong in your analogy. Yes, Affinity Photo is a great Photoshop substitute, but LumaFusion is much more a Premiere Pro substitute than an After Effects substitute. That said, most of what I’ve seen of your requests (I’ll admit I did not look at every single one of the dozen or more you had) can be pulled off in Premiere, but I’d also say they can be pulled off in LumaFusion, particularly since the 1.5 release. Closer to AfterEffects is an app called Bricolage (though its interface is VERY different from AE) or MotionGraphix (which also has a different interface, but both are pretty powerful). You can pre-render from any of these other apps and include the clips in your LumaFusion edit.

Your latest request—the black bars transition—can be accomplished easily in LumaFusion by keyframing the new “crop” feature. The attached GIF shows the results of that. (It looks a bit choppy here because the frame rate of the GIF is so low.)

As for making animated GIFs, there are a ton of iOS apps that make GIFs from videos. I made the attached animated GIF using 5sGIF; it’s super easy to use and does the job. But there are a ton of others on the App Store.

Hope this is helpful.

Attachments:
DF5F0ADF-ADB9-4510-B333-53EA68703B59.gif
DF5F0ADF-ADB9-4510-B333-53EA68703B59.gif [ 5.32 MiB | Viewed 12 times ]