Luma Touch Support Forums

Luma Touch (luma-touch.com) provides support and a great community for Luma Touch apps. Email info@luma-touch.com to get the registration code (or find it in the app store description).
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:12 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

LumaFusion 1.3.6 is now available on the App Store. This update improves editing performance and fixes a few issues.
LumaFX and LumaClip 2.3.1 are now available on the App Store. This fixes export problem for iOS 9 users

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:13 am 

Hello, I am new in Luma Fusion, and got a question. I would like to make videos with one main track, one picture in picture video with a close up of the action (guitar demo), one watermark png file overall running time, plus info text overlays over running video. As far as I can see that is not possible, as this is 4 tracks needed. Is this correct, or any ideas how to solve this for fast and easy workflow?
Thanks for help!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:24 am 
Adept
Adept

You are correct, you couldn't do this in a single pass as you would need 4 video tracks and the limit is 3.
You could complete your video without the watermark, export this then reimport this final video and add the watermark and export as the final, watermarked video. Twice the exports but will give you what you need.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:25 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

donka beat me to it :D

That's the way I would do it - add the watermark last

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:31 am 
Adept
Adept

Sorry Dave, every minute counts! :D
I'm hoping this 3 track limit is increased for more recent hardware as I would love to at least see the newest iPad Pros get support for 4 or 5 video and audio tracks. An extra track on both video and audio would make things much more flexible, even if the additional video track was limited to just titles.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:40 am 

ah, ok, thanks, so I been right. Would be really good idea, may be adding one text only additional track, cause I think 4 tracks would be really enough for most needs. I know ....... when there is 4 tracks, next one shows up and wants 5, ............

So 4 would be fine and "enough"!

:-)

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have one more suggestion :-)

The title editor allows you to import a png file so try this:

1. Import your watermark to the title editor
2. Create a title preset with your watermark
3. Start every title you make with your watermark preset
4. On your sequence dissolve between watermark only and watermark with title text

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:02 pm 
Adept
Adept

That's a good suggestion Terri, effectively sharing a video track for both watermark and titles.
Are there any plans to increase the number of tracks for more capable hardware?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

We will always try to push the limits of what iOS and devices can do, so I do hope we can add more in time. Right now we are really asking a lot of most devices. I just got a new iPad Pro 10.5" (finally!) and it runs smooth as silk with 3 tracks of 4K, (as long as I used supported media types!) but it's not the most common device. We will keep up to date with what LumaFusion can do.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:28 am 

Using 10.5 Pro ........ ;-) Not been happy with iMovie macOS, but no need for final cut pro X. Been searching for a quick and easy to use video app, also with fast finalizing, and that´s what is LumaFusion. Already very happy now, works like a charme on iPad Pro. But also (did not notice a difference yet, but I am only doing 1080p in the moment) very fine on iPad 2017.

May be a selectable number of tracks would be nice, so it´s up to user and the used hardware what he can do with it.

Thanks for the title idea, I will try and post a result here when done, as I think that more users are running out of tracks sometimes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:35 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
Using 10.5 Pro ........ ;-) Not been happy with iMovie macOS, but no need for final cut pro X. Been searching for a quick and easy to use video app, also with fast finalizing, and that´s what is LumaFusion. Already very happy now, works like a charme on iPad Pro. But also (did not notice a difference yet, but I am only doing 1080p in the moment) very fine on iPad 2017.

May be a selectable number of tracks would be nice, so it´s up to user and the used hardware what he can do with it.

Thanks for the title idea, I will try and post a result here when done, as I think that more users are running out of tracks sometimes.

I have also bought a IPad Pro 10,5 because of LumaFusion (maybe they should make some kind of cooperation with apple like a discount of 10% for LumaFusion users) and I'm very happy with this app, especially because of the super-ultimative cheap pricing (other PC Software is only from 80 EUR or more avaible and the thieves from AdobePP take 20 EUR very month + a super complicated application).

Regarding your idea, I really like this. Very often I was thinking about having more than 3 tracks next to each other - but for what? In the end it was always enough for me to take a trimmed soundclip for the sections i want and the 2nd track line for the next track (transition sound) and the 3rd trackline for additional sounds like waterfalls or lightning sounds.

And at this last point I totally agree with you - if I have a sequence with a music track and I wanna add more than 2 sounds (like bird sounds, rain, lightning, speaking myself, and so on) I'm coming into trouble, because there are not enough sound track lines.

So :D -> Please let the user chose how many sound and video tracks he wants to use (also for video, because sometimes I want to fade in several title lines like an layer, and its not enough).

BTW: the smileys in this forum are awful
:oops: