Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:04 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:09 am 
Adept
Adept

Hello, everyone.
Quote:
We will always try to push the limits of what iOS and devices can do, so I do hope we can add more in time. Right now we are really asking a lot of most devices. I just got a new iPad Pro 10.5" (finally!) and it runs smooth as silk with 3 tracks of 4K, (as long as I used supported media types!) but it's not the most common device. We will keep up to date with what LumaFusion can do.
Terri, you know how we are very grateful to the whole team for the provided creative tool. Of course, the team knows best what to do to get a balanced result.

But you also see how much the current restrictions attract the attention of many.

Bearing in mind the already prepared possibility of exporting the project to video editors on the computer, it is logical to slightly force the expansion of the limits. Is not it?
This, by the way, can be implemented optionally as an IAP with a list of models compatible with this expansion.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:01 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
Hello, everyone.
Quote:
We will always try to push the limits of what iOS and devices can do, so I do hope we can add more in time. Right now we are really asking a lot of most devices. I just got a new iPad Pro 10.5" (finally!) and it runs smooth as silk with 3 tracks of 4K, (as long as I used supported media types!) but it's not the most common device. We will keep up to date with what LumaFusion can do.
Terri, you know how we are very grateful to the whole team for the provided creative tool. Of course, the team knows best what to do to get a balanced result.

And so many of my people using LF are really really grateful to the whole teams work! your big advantage is you hear the voice of the community. Other than the big companies, use this massive advantage!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:04 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

@Travel_Drone...Thank you!

@lumaluke Yes, of course it makes sense, but so do about 99% of the other 215 feature requests (Yikes!) So we have to prioritize.

As you know, even if we had 20 more developers it's not possible to do everything at once. Software is funny like that - kind of like iOS speed effects, software development has a max speed. Every change needs to be researched, designed, implemented against a relatively stable base (meaning not much else in the area is changing at the same time), tested, beta tested, documented and then supported if something goes wrong. And adding tracks will definitely cause export failures for some.

The good news is that when we do implement it, we will be able to tell what device you are using and provide the maximum number of tracks for your device.

All in good time. Thanks for helping to make this a lively forum!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:11 am 

Thanks for info, that does sound good, ................. will try your suggestion later, may be then asking to reduce track number ........

:D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:31 am 
Adept
Adept

And Terri, thanks for being an open and engaging developer. The team are making a fantastic product and this dialog helps engage the users to refine and improve this best in class software.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:44 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
donka beat me to it :D

That's the way I would do it - add the watermark last
Would there be a loss in quality doing 2 exports on the same footage? Or does the IOS app not work like a desktop editing app that uses rendering like Premiere?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:59 pm 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
Quote:

Would there be a loss in quality doing 2 exports on the same footage? Or does the IOS app not work like a desktop editing app that uses rendering like Premiere?
I would do the first pass at the highest quality just to minimise any impact.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, there is always a loss when you render, but if you are using high quality material and you never go lower than the original bit rate, then it likely won't be visible to your eye to make one extra pass.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:39 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I would do the first pass at the highest quality just to minimise any impact.
yeah but seriously, if you export 4k or at least 1080p material with extrem quality nobody will ever see any difference, even there is no visible difference between extrem and high quality export for me :D :D :D