Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:16 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

Post subject: Add Video Cropping
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:25 am 
Novice
Novice

You should add Video Cropping to crop the size of the video. You can currently only zoom in but not actually crop the sides to resize the video. This is a much needed feature to get rid of anything you don’t want the viewers to see, without going into another app to crop it out! Can’t wait for an update as there hasn’t been one in a long time! :)

Post subject: Re: Add Video Cropping
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:12 am 
Adept
Adept

This feature is being touted in the release after the next one I believe.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi LumaFusionPerson,

Yes, we have cropping on our list and originally we were going to add it to 1.4 but there is a LOT of stuff in 1.4 so we decided to hold off. Keep in mind we will be doing "dot releases" to fix any bugs in 1.4, and 1.5 will mostly be about working well with iOS11. Following that, we will be adding some long awaited features (I say that in jest since we only released 8 months ago) but cropping and green screen should be in that release.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:13 am 
Novice
Novice

Thank you for the reply! All sounds good! Can’t wait for future updates! :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:01 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
Thank you for the reply! All sounds good! Can’t wait for future updates! :D
What I'm always doing is to export the project f.e. with 16:9, open a new project and import this fresh clip. Then I change the framing within the project settings to f.e. 2.36:1 and export it.

So you'll get the cinematic black bars and it looks great!
Is this what you intended?

Anyway, request from my side to LT:
It would be great to have a possibility making a dynamic crop when you start the the video with black frames going up/down from the middle which looks great. It's a bit like when you open your eyes slowly, like a vertical cinema curtain. Do you think this is possible?

Maybe additionally with changing the colours of these bars, so you'll get the opportunity to make some kind of a grey, 30% transparent layer with a small blurr function.

Attachments:
Unbenannt.jpg
Unbenannt.jpg [ 57.87 KiB | Viewed 146 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:43 am 
Adept
Adept

For your vertical curtain effect, you can do this with two titles, granted it is a bit of a crude way of getting the effect.

Create an overlay title, delete the text and add a black shape that covers the top half of the frame. Add a keyframe at the very start of the clip then scroll to the end of the clip and move this shape up to the very top of the clip so it is all exposed and add a second keyframe. Go back to the main timeline and clone this title and edit it to do the reverse i.e. second keyframe when the shape is at the very bottom of the clip.
Framing guidelines (to highlight when you are on the centre of the frame) would be a great addition to assist with this effort to ensure accuracy - I think this is on the to do list.

As long as you have video tracks to spare, this is a fairly easy way to get this effect today.

Last edited by donka on Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:12 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
For your vertical curtain effect, you can do this with two titles, granted it is a bit of a crude way of getting the effect.

Create an overlay title, delete the text and add a black shape that covers the top half of the frame. Add a keyframe at the every start of the clip then scroll to the end of the clip and move this shape up to the very top of the clip so it is all exposed and add a second keyframe. Go back to the main timeline and clone this title and edit it to do the reverse i.e. second keyframe when the shape is at the very bottom of the clip.
Framing guidelines (to highlight when you are on the centre of the frame) would be a great addition to assist with this effort to ensure accuracy - I think this is on the to do list.

As long as you have video tracks to spare, this is a fairly easy way to get this effect today.
thanks i will try that :lol: :lol: :lol: