Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:29 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:29 pm 

I would like to request an FX feature added to LF. Film Grain options. I could not see where I can add them. I tried adding a film grain matte over a video I created but the file would not export and kept erroring out. It would be nice to have a film grain overlay or FX option to give your iPhone footage more of a traditional look.

Also, while there are color tools included in LF, I would like to see a bit more. It doesn't have to be Divinci Resolve robust but maybe offer a Low, Mid, and High color correction wheel.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello shanezep

thanks for your post. We do have the request for film grain in our database, as well as adding more color grading controls and LUTs.

In the forthcoming 1.4 release of LumaFusion we will be adding more color grading tools and LUTs. The filmic look is getting closer, so hang in there.

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:40 am 

:D Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:25 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
I tried adding a film grain matte over a video I created but the file would not export and kept erroring out.
If you were exporting to h.264 or some other heavily compressed format, the film grain may be the problem. Compressed codecs see film grain as detail which changes from frame to frame. Thsi forces the codec to do much more work, and could be the cause of the error.

Try exporting it as an uncompressed file and then recompressing to h.264 in handbrake. Or, export without the film grain, and add it in using Davinci Resolve which is free.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:45 am 
Adept
Adept

Hello everybody. Great news about LUT support in upcoming 1.4, Androu! Especially with audio enhancements. :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:26 pm 

C47, yes that makes sense but I was hoping for a complete iPad solution without using desktop tools. I do have Vegas Pro 14 and Divinci and could certainly finish my vid in that but then I would simply edit the vid in VP in the first place if I was looking for a DT solution. LF has great potential with a few tweaks.