Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:11 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

Post subject: What Does This Mean?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:03 am 

I placed a Grow transition between 2 clips and got a yellow warning message that states: "Clip before transition needs to be trimmed to play through the entire transition". I have no idea what this is trying to tell me. Can anyone help?

Post subject: Re: What Does This Mean?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello MikeMc

You can see in the attached image (1066), that there is faint blue area around the incoming clip that doesn't go all the way into the transition. This is showing me that I don't have enough of that clip in the transition. There is simply no media. So I would have to trim the clip (see image 1067) so that the incoming clip covers the transition.
The outgoing clip in this case (not shown) also needs to be trimmed as it too doesn't go all the way across the transition.

Does that make sense? Let me know

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

Attachments:
IMG_1067.PNG
IMG_1067.PNG [ 3.4 MiB | Viewed 303 times ]
IMG_1066.PNG
IMG_1066.PNG [ 3.1 MiB | Viewed 303 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:49 pm 

What causes this issue to occur? I am getting it frequently but not all the time.
I will add video clips to the track, then go back and add transitions. To do this I place the line between clips and then hit the plus sign / add transition.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:04 am 
Adept
Adept

Guys,
The default values ​​for the transition duration are set in the global settings of the application.

You must understand that to perform a transition as an action, it must "take away" half of the duration given to it in the settings from each clip on the left and right. But when you put the entire (not trimmed) clip on the timeline, there's no zone available for the transition, the application tells you about it.
Some other applications in this situation automatically trim the clip without telling you about it. This is not the right action, because the clip can lose significant frames of the story.

For developers: the answer to this frequently asked question should be placed in the FAQ and supplemented with a video-explanation.
Maybe you'll prepare and publish White Paper, where the features of the work of such important processes for those interested will be described? One can also include a section on a simplified description of the conforming algorithm, etc.
But in any case, do not remove this warning, by automatically trimming the clip! It will be wrong.
I am very satisfied with such a warning as an error in the actions for editing video material.
By the way, this is another characteristic function of the application, which helps the user not to miss the error, and the beginner learns the correct understanding of the specifics of the process. This context can and should be developed as a competitive advantage.

Attachments:
C247C0DA-B15D-4AC1-BA82-9FB513B535D4L0001.jpg
C247C0DA-B15D-4AC1-BA82-9FB513B535D4L0001.jpg [ 39.92 KiB | Viewed 172 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:21 am 

I think I'm slowly getting there. Thanks all for your patience.
As a new user, I read the warning as an action that I need to perform every time to clear an error.
"Both clips need to be trimmed...". I read that to mean I have to go in and trim each clip to clear the error. I assume if I don't that there will be an issue.

What I am now gathering is the message is a warning to alert you the app will trim portions of each clip to make the cross dissolve work. You may or may not want that to occur, so here is your warning.

If that is the case, perhaps changing the warning to "Both clips will be trimmed..." along with the FAQ suggested above to explaining the nuance of what is occurring.