Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:07 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:41 pm 

I am editing my first video with this app. Have not had many issues. But now, all of a sudden, when I export, I am getting a really loud noise in the audio that sounds like static mixed with outdoor noise, but when I go back into Luma, it is not there in the edit version, so therefore I cannot remove it. I tried exporting it at different settings etc, and it is there in every export. Any ideas?

This is a video about how I am changing my complete workflow for video to this app, but that will not be possible if this happens every time, or even consistently.

Thanks in advance!

https://GeeksLife.com

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:06 pm 

Here is the video in question. It's about 17 seconds in:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:54 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello geekslife

Thanks for that amazing video review, very appreciative of good reviews.

I'm sorry that you are experiencing these audio issues. We have been aware of this bug for quite some time and we will be releasing a new version of the app very soon that will eliminate this problem for good. It's difficult to track down because you have to export the video before you notice that there is anything wrong. So anything that you do to try to eliminate the problem always requires an export of the video (an exercise in patients). The other issue is that there is no particular thing that we know of that causes it in the first place. So, for the 1.4 release we have re-designed the audio engine of the software.

In the mean time we have found that there are some potential solutions:

In the area that you notice that has this sound problem:
1) if possible move the audio to another track (or if it is a video clip try separating out the audio onto an audio track).
2) if possible trim the audio by a frame or two (being cautious with sync).
3) archive the project with trimmed media somewhere (possibly an iXpand drive), then restore that project with it's media, then export that.

Note when editing 4K on LumaFusion: You will run into performance issues when using all 3 video tracks. If possible use only the main and 2nd track for 4K media and use the 3rd track for titles.

Also, since you have the GH5, iOS and therefore LumaFusion won't support anything above 100mbits and 8bit. I know on the GH5 you can shoot 150mbits and 10bit.

Let me know how you get on

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:25 am 

Hey Androu!

Thank for the reply. I did figure out where the audio is coming from. It is coming from one of the clips that I have later in the edit. One of the clips that I have the volume all the way down on. I did pull all clips out from the area in question, and re-added them and re-edited, but oddly enough, it was still there in the final.

I can't wait to see the new version. This app is going to be amazing, and really help me mobilize my workflow!

Also, from the GH5, I only use 8 bit, but do use 60fps. I will have to see what the bitrate is, and will adjust accordingly, but I think I must have it set OK, because everything looked great. The only issue was the audio.

I do want to mention as well, that it timed out twice trying to send the final straight to YouTube. I ended up having to download 3 different versions and send them to their specific platforms manually. So, it would be nice if we could export multiple versions at once to save time. :)

Also, if you need help beta testing, I am happy to do that. I know that with betas, you can get issues, but I am used to that. I just need to be able to do certain things, or I will not be able to use this as my main workflow, and I REALLY want to! :)

Ok thanks again, and have a great day!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:21 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello geekslife

I've emailed you separately

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:50 am 
Adept
Adept

Hi David.
Good video, I like your presenting style.
Regarding the issue you had with the video placeholders obscuring the audio waveform at the start of each clip, you could just detach the audio so you have full visibility to the audio at the start of the clip. If you highlight this audio track and double tap the scissors, it will cut both the audio and video tracks and because they are linked, if you delete the unwanted footage, it removes both video and audio tracks. To tidy the timeline up and reclaim an audio track, just highlight and drag the detached audio track back over the video to re-attach.
Hope this helps.