Luma Touch Support Forums

Luma Touch (luma-touch.com) provides support and a great community for Luma Touch apps. Email info@luma-touch.com to get the registration code (or find it in the app store description).
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:18 am

All times are UTC-07:00

LumaFusion 1.3.6 is now available on the App Store. This update improves editing performance and fixes a few issues.
LumaFX and LumaClip 2.3.1 are now available on the App Store. This fixes export problem for iOS 9 users

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:26 am 

Hi,

I've noticed some funkyness when trying to import or export media to/from Google Drive. When importing media, the app takes a really long time - it appears to be searching for any and all media files located in Google Drive. Likewise, when I try to export to Google Drive, it lists every file in drive. I have a lot of files, not just media. So the time it takes for the app to read that list takes forever and it's just unnavigatable.

What I would expect is something like how OneDrive works. When Importing, it lists the top-level Folders and lets me navigate to where my media lives. It doesn't list out every single media file in the OneDrive. Additionally, when I export, it shows the top-level Folders and lets me work down to where I want to store it.

Is this the cause of a new bug or some feature?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello ShiftEleven

I haven't noticed any significant time difference between opening GoogleDrive compared with any of the other cloud storage locations. What sort of times are you experiencing.

I have attached screen grabs from my iPad, like you I have a lot of files of various types on GoogleDrive. I have far fewer things in OneDrive.
Both of them show me everything that I can download.

let me know

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

Attachments:
IMG_1156.PNG
IMG_1156.PNG [ 2.51 MiB | Viewed 158 times ]
IMG_1157.PNG
IMG_1157.PNG [ 2.46 MiB | Viewed 158 times ]
IMG_1158.PNG
IMG_1158.PNG [ 2.36 MiB | Viewed 158 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:13 am 

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I'm seeing something like 30+ seconds just to get a listing of the root directory. Here's a link to a video that show's what I'm going through. BTW, I have edited out 30 seconds of waiting.

So that all got me curious. I went to check out the V3 Drive API and ran a query like
Code:
q=root%20in%20'parents'
in the files.list API and then I could see these tiny little files. Oddly enough, when I use the Android and Web apps for drive, those files aren't listed at all in the main view. But the files were in the Trash! Sadly, the File API never marked those files as trashed!

I've tried emptying my Trash, but it seems I've run into a Google Drive issue where my Trash won't be expunged. So now I need to open up a bug there to see what I can do, and if getting my Trash emptied solves this issue.

Thanks for your help.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:25 pm 

Update: Clearing out the Trash was the secret.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bravo ShiftEleven

well done for all that investigation.

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:20 pm 

Hi. Me again. So I now have a new request, as I found a bug in your code after all :)

You need to include
Code:
'root' in parents and trashed=false
in your query (q=) to the Drive API. Something like:
Code:
https://content.googleapis.com/drive/v3/files?q=%27root%27%20in%20parents%20and%20trashed%20%3D%20false&key=XYZ
That will ensure that if I delete a file that it does not show up and will keep things sane. Not sure why that's NOT the default, but OK.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:10 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

We'll add the query in our next update (most other cloud providers have a separate flag to be provided to explicitly include trashed files).