Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:32 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:32 pm 

Anyone know what this message means on a transition?

"Both clips for this transition need to be clipped to play through the entire transition."

I have tried resizing the clip to the left of the transition, to the right of the transition as well as the transition itself. None of these actions seem to satisfy the criteria - although sometimes I can get the message to change to something like "The clip after the transition needs to be trimmed...."

Unless I delete the transition, I am not able to play the project file and at times I am not even able to navigate left or right in the project.

Any insight is appreciated, thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:02 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Curious as to the replies on this one as well! I have encountered this error before, but not repeatedly...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello jrickard

I want to know a little bit more about your project and the setup of the timeline.

But before we get to that, and just to be clear about what is happening with transitions and the yellow exclamation symbol, I've attached two images showing what is happening. The incoming clip needs to have enough material inside the transition for the transition to work 'normally'. You can see the faint blue area, in one image that indicates that the clip is not far enough inside the transition. In the other attached image, I've trimmed the clip to get enough material into the transition.

When you see the yellow exclamation mark, the transition should still play normally except that the image will be a still frame (frozen) for the part where there is no material inside the transition.

Now, tell me more about your project, what clips are you using, how often are you running into this issue?
What version of the app and what version iOS and what device are you using?

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

Attachments:
IMG_1067.PNG
IMG_1067.PNG [ 3.4 MiB | Viewed 172 times ]
IMG_1066.PNG
IMG_1066.PNG [ 3.1 MiB | Viewed 172 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:31 am 

Androu,

Thank you for the reply. It took me a little while to "get it"; however I now understand that the application is asking me to have content from each clip to the left and right of the transition be fully within the transition so that the two clips fully overlap for the entire duration of the transition. (Still not sure I have even accurately stated that to where it makes sense - very tricky to put into words!)

I don't mean to hijack the thread topic but I would like to say that I am super excited about where this App is headed in that it in one of the few Apps that is actually trying to bring desktop quality software to iOS. (I gave up on my PC about 1.5 years ago and I only use my PC when I absolutley have to...)

That being said I have experienced several times with the App (especially playing around with the transitions) where I was no longer able to play/preview the video or even move the timeline around to get the offending transition to delete it to free it from this "locked" state. I often had to force close the App and re-load it to be able to continue. I wish I had more information for you and if I can figure out the steps to re-produce, I will share it in a new thread.

And to answer your questions about my setup/project:

AppVersion: 1.3.6.475
iOS Version: 10.3.2 (14F89)
Device: iPAD Pro 12.9" (1st generation)
3 total clips (4k from a DJI Mavic drone): 2 about 4GB (9:20 minutes) each the other about 420MB (1:20)

Here is a snap shot of the "problem area":
Attachment:
IMG_0199.JPG
IMG_0199.JPG [ 859.83 KiB | Viewed 166 times ]
Thanks again - love the App - keep it up! Death to the PC! :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:23 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello jrickard

Great, I'm glad that we have figured out one of the issues with regard to transitions.

One more thing to note about this however is the use of black in the timeline. There is an issue with black, in that it cannot be trimmed longer at its start, even if you trim it shorter, it won't let you trim it back again. So the important point here is not to place a transition at the halfway point when fading to black. Always place the transition at the end of the clip to have it fade.

Now, lets work on the rest.

So the loss of play controls is something that I have seen very occasionally, but it seems like you are having it fairly constantly. The quick fix is to close the app and restart it again. Obviously this is annoying if you are doing it a lot.

Is this something that is happening when you are working on that part of the timeline you show in your screen grab?
Or is it fairly arbitrary?

I was looking at the specs of the mavic pro and it appears that 4k recording can be:

DCI 4K (4096 x 2160): 24p
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160): 24/25/30p

IPadPro 12 won't support the DCI version of 4K. This is a limitation of iOS 10.x.x
UHD 4K will playback on your iPad Pro normally although 3 layers of UHD might cause some issues with performance.

When you lose the play controls, is your preview also going black?

Let me know

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch