I would love to thank you for your fantastic work. It is becoming more and more the Final Cut for iOS devices. Really cool. Apple should support or buy you!
It is a shame that they don't really develop iMovie any further. Good that you are here to fill that gap!!
But here I have a little wishlist with features that I miss in LumaFusion in everyday use. Here it comes
sorry for the long post!
- Automatic audio ducking: I love your brandnew audio ducking feature. This is something I really wished for. But I have one more wish (besides volume leveling for ducking which you already announced
): Automatic Audio ducking. Right now the ducking is done when there is a master track. But if you have an audio recording of half an hour with lots of voice overs you would have to do a lot of cuts to the master track (or a lot of keypoints) to make the ducking work. I know: Right now it is exactly like in Final Cut Pro. But I don't like the ducking there too
Please try to add automatic ducking. Please take a look at the app Ferrite („Ferrite“ von Wooji Juice Ltd https://appsto.re/de/zOvU8.i
). It's the only app I found which can do automatic ducking on iOS. Or at Screenflow for MacOS. If you have lots of voice overs, automatic audio ducking can save you so much time.
- Batch Export: I still would like to see this feature in LumaFusion. Due to the iOS limits you can't render in the background. So, if you have multiple projects you can only render them one by one. Soo time consuming and you always have to stay at your device.
- Question: Is there really no chance of background rendering? Even at a slower speed? Maybe when one works at one project, can another project be rendered in the background with limited resources? Or something like rendering in the background with limited resources and you get a push notification when rendering is done? There are some apps which stay active in the background using GPS (no Navi Apps). Maybe LumaFusion could remember how much has been rendered and continue when the app turns back to foreground?
- Resume YouTube upload: For better understanding. I have an unstable Internet connection which gets cut every now and then. If my connection is lost during upload, I have to start the whole process (even rendering) again. Is it possible that LumaFusion could continue the upload when the connection is lost shortly (like the YouTube app or the Chrome desktop browser)? Additionally LumaFusion could save the rendered file to my photos library or in the app, so that I don't have to go with the time consuming rendering again. Combine that with the batch export from before and you have a killer feature
- Jump to the cut point: if I cut something out of my video (two cuts, one delete), the playhead stays at the same point of the last cut. It would be great if it could jump to the point of the first cut (the point where the tracks meet), so that I can easily make a transition at that point. Like Final Cut does.
- Split screen and multitasking on iPad (you don't support this right now, do you?). So maybe I can use YouTube to upload a video and work at my project at the same time. This would save so much time. Don't know if the hardware is powerful enough, but the new iPad Pros should handle this, shouldn't they?
- I really would love to see the drag and drop feature from iOS 11 for LumaFusion. So that I can drag music, voice overs, video clips or pictures directly into my timeline. That would be so cool! And save time. Byebye nasty importing and App switching
- Clip nesting: This would be a cool feature which could easily make the 3 video and 3 audio tracks even more usable for larger projects. Anything planned? Is it even possible?
- Mark multiple imported files so that one can delete multiple files at once
- Automatic transitions (you already had them in Pinnacle Studio Pro
). Useful for Slideshows and family videos.
- Automatic slow motion playback for slow motion clips (like in iMovie and Final Cut). Right now I have to manually slow them down. Very time consuming if you have lots of normal and slow motion clips in your project.
- ProRes support and Alpha Channels. I know, this ain't coming any time soon due to iOS limits.
Sorry for my complicated explanations, hope you understand them
And don't get me wrong. I love your product! And I understand that everything is a question of priorities and resources.
I am really happy to work with LumaFusion. Hope you can stay and keep up the good work. You are definitely the number one video editor for iOS (there is nothing even close on Android).