Luma Touch Support Forums

Luma Touch (luma-touch.com) provides support and a great community for Luma Touch apps. Email info@luma-touch.com to get the registration code (or find it in the app store description).
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:29 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

LumaFusion 1.3.2 is now available on the App Store! This update includes a number of targeted bug fixes and improvements

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:54 pm 

What an amazing app this is, wow!

I have a simple question/feature request. A common practise in filmmaking is to shoot some sequences at 60fps on your dslr, to later "interpret" that footage as if it were 24fps to create a slow motion effect. I imported a 60fps shot, I tried to find an option to read it in as if it were a 24fps shot but couldn't find it. I then tried to go into speed settings and changed it to 0.4x (60fps played back at 24fps is 0.4x the speed) but ended up with a very "choppy" or "jumpy" slow motion. Basically it seems like this workflow discards 36 of the 60 frames (keeping 24 of them) when the clip is imported, and then just stretches the remaining 24 frames out when sped down 0.4x.

Is there a way to work around this so that I can import my 60fps shots as if they were 24fps to get a nice smooth slow motion?

Thank you very much!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:47 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello hesselsjo

we don't interpret the footage, so it isn't possible to slow 60 to 24fps in the same way you could in Premiere Pro for example.

It is a great idea, and i will add it to our list of things to do.

Regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:31 pm 

Hello again

So I tried this again today and to my surprise, it actually DOES seem to work. I don't know what I did wrong the first time. But reading in a 60fps clip and then slowing it down to 0.4x speed absolutely smoothly slows the 60fps down to 24fps while using all available frames of the original file. Fantastic!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:47 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, that's great

I take back everything i said

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch