Luma Touch Support Forums

Luma Touch (luma-touch.com) provides support and a great community for Luma Touch apps. Email info@luma-touch.com to get the registration code (or find it in the app store description).
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:22 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

LumaFusion 1.3.6 is now available on the App Store. This update improves editing performance and fixes a few issues.
LumaFX and LumaClip 2.3.1 are now available on the App Store. This fixes export problem for iOS 9 users

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:41 am 

I am working on an IPad Pro with plenty of RAM and storage space. Every time I try to export a video (it is about a 1 hr video of family pictures and home videos with some transitions and music) that I created in LumaFusion , the app stops working and will not export the video. It stops at different times so I don't think I have any corrupted files. I have tried the following:

-export to different places (google drive vs Dropbox)
-cut the video into smaller pieces and export the pieces (15 min pieces vs 1 hr)
-set all the settings to the lowest quality and attempt export

Nothing is working, what is the deal?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:57 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Vixiegirl07

Very odd, it sounds like you have tried the right sort of things to get it to export (not that you should have to)

Can you make sure nothing is running in the background by force closing the apps
Can you try restarting the iPad just in case Apples AVFoundation has 'got stuck'
Can you try duplicating the project with the + button (I don't think that will work but give it a whizz)

Can you let us know what version of the App and IOS you are using

... and report back please

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:45 am 

Hello,

All the things you have listed I have tried from reading other posts. I am running the latest version of the app and iOS 10.3.1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:05 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Vixiegirl07

Kinda guessed you would have tried that (sorry if my suggestions seemed a bit lame)

I don't think this will cure it but version 1.3.2 is in the app store now which has quite a few fixes

Hang fire and see if one of the developers has any other suggestions before updating

'Chris, Terri, Androu .... '

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:23 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Vixiegirl07

I'm sorry you are having this issue.

At what point in the archive process does it stop? Is it during the upload process or before that?

I want to determine if you are able to archive anything at all or is it specific to the project you are working on.

Best thing is to do the following:
1) shoot a few short clips of video using your device.
2) create a new project and use only those new clips to make a simple edit.
3) archive this project.

My assumption is that it will archive normally.
If that is the case then it suggest that there might be something in your bigger project that is causing an issue.

Open the bigger project and archive it with no media. Does that work?

If that works ok, then it suggest something about the media in the edit.

I would like to know what sort of media is in the edit (such as, where was it sourced from, what size is it etc., what audio files are in the edit, where did they come from etc., graphic files?)

Try duplicating the project and see if the duplicate will archive.

Let me know how you get on with this

Regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:21 am 
Novice
Novice

I too am having this problem.

My project is a 15 minute long compilation video with short clips, overlay titles, speed adjustments to certain clips etc. It just freezes at around 06:19:00 while exporting.

I can save a smaller collection of videos, I can save an archive with no media but I cannot export this movie as is :(

I have tried everything you stated above to no avail. If it is indeed a corrupt video file how do I go about finding which one it is?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:35 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello All

We've been looking into this issue, and have some sort of a solution (hopefully).

We think the problem has something to do with the 'maintain audio pitch' being turned on for speed changed clips.

Can you try turning that off for all speed changed clips and try uploading again.

Please let me know what happens

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:41 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
Hello All

We've been looking into this issue, and have some sort of a solution (hopefully).

We think the problem has something to do with the 'maintain audio pitch' being turned on for speed changed clips.

Can you try turning that off for all speed changed clips and try uploading again.

Please let me know what happens

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

Thanks Androu, a guy called Chris suggested this via email and yes, it solved the problem immediately, thanks for taking the time to reply.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:40 am 
Novice
Novice

This is happening again in the latest beta build of LF and iOS11 beta 4. I haven’t changed the speed of any clips at all in this one so it can’t be the “maintain audio pitch” bug. Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:50 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Andii51081

When you export the timeline how far into the export does it get?
i.e. how far into the "Writing Movie" and/or "Uploading Movie".

If it fails at the writing movie stage, would you reply with a screen grab of that area of the timeline.
For example, if it fails at 40 seconds into the "writing movie" then send a screen grab of that area of the timeline with 10 seconds on either side.

Regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch