Luma Touch Support Forums

Luma Touch (luma-touch.com) provides support and a great community for Luma Touch apps. Email info@luma-touch.com to get the registration code (or find it in the app store description).
It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:08 am

All times are UTC-07:00

LumaFusion 1.3.6 is now available on the App Store. This update improves editing performance and fixes a few issues.
LumaFX and LumaClip 2.3.1 are now available on the App Store. This fixes export problem for iOS 9 users

Post subject: Laggy preview window
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 12:10 pm 

Hi all. I've been using Lumofusion for a while now. Everything was perfect but now I guess I need some help. After the penultimate update (1.3.1 that is), it was quite laggy on the preview. In the preview window, i saw nothing but a black screen most of the time. I needed to change the place of the timeline cursor couple of times to get a view. I couldnot therefore, trim clips in the right place vice versa.

Also when I wanted to preview the entire video, it kept playing from where it was previously located. The same things happened also in the "frame&fit" window. For the preview I had originally selected the "balanced", then switched to "fastest" after the update. But there was no change. I had hopes for this new update (1.3.2) but still same bugs seem to survive.

Obviously I see no other forum posts about this recent problem of mine. Really, is it just me?

Anyway, any suggestions? Or any expected updates soon? Or should I just delete the app and reinstall it? (which i don't prefer to do so as I have a bunch of presets for my vlog and I dont want to lose them)

Ps. I'm on an ipad pro.

Post subject: Re: Laggy preview window
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:53 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi taquo

Welcome to the forum

If you'd said that about some of the earlier builds I would have said yep

However, it hasn't been a problem with the build you are on (particularly on a pro)

But (and I guess you've done this) force close any apps that are running in the background and restart your iPad because sometimes Apples AVFoundation gets 'stuck' and can cause problems

Also tap on the cog wheel with the ? on, then Global Settings and look at the Preview option at the bottom - fast is ... fastest and best is slowest although to be honest I wouldn't have thought you would have a problem with a Pro

Give it a whiz and let us know how you get on

Last edited by knobbydave on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:08 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello taquo

I have seen this issue before, it does happen occassionally and is a hard bug to pin down. It seems like you are having the issue quite often.

You should try what knobbydave suggests and see if that helps you at all.

You can save your presets to dropbox or some other place so that you can retrieve them or share them.
Open the presets favorites panel. Do a long tap on a preset and this opens a dialog panel. tap 'share' and follow the prompts.

To retrieve the saved presets, open 'import media' in the library option panel, then find the saved presets and import them.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:03 pm 

Thanks a lot...

I've just noticed something. The video clip I have mentioned was from procreate app (a video of the screen of my drawing). Then I saw that the resolution was quite big (2048x1152) and dpi was 132, which I guess makes a quite big file to work on. I changed the settings to that of an HD video. Now it seems to work slightly better but still there is a lag.

On the other hand, there is no problem with my previous projects or with other videos taken on iphone or ipad. The workflow is quite smooth.

Do you think that might be the problem?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:59 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello taquo

thank you for the extra information. I am now able to reproduce the issue you are describing (the jerky response). I'll do more investigation into why this is happening.

Regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:34 am 

Thanks 🤓