Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:04 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.7 is now available on the App Store, which includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:27 am 
Novice
Novice

Hi guys,

So I am editing my main video timeline to lineup with a second video track of b-roll that I shot. What this has required me to do is to move a clip down the timeline on the main track, which leaves a small gap in the track. The gap is filled in in the software with a "blank" clip. This seemed to work once I figured it out.

However, once I moved this clip down the timeline, I wished to retain the lengths of all other clips. What happened in this case is that is shortened the beginning of the next clip in order to fit the clip that was moved on the timeline. I attempt to correct the shortening of this clip by dragging the front handle of the clip back to its desired length. This is where the error occurs. It makes the previous clip (that was originally moved) "blank" and leaves a whole number of other blank clips in the timeline.

Does this make sense? Am I doing something wrong in my workflow?

Cheers

P.S. - I've uploaded some images of the problem. One is of the first clip (6s 20f long) being moved, the other is after adjusting the length of the adjacent clip back to its desired length.

Attachments:
File comment: Adjusting length of adjacent clip
IMG_0444.JPG
IMG_0444.JPG [ 86.94 KiB | Viewed 479 times ]
File comment: Moving original clip to time with b roll.
IMG_0443.JPG
IMG_0443.JPG [ 91.73 KiB | Viewed 479 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:50 am 
Novice
Novice

Update:

After jumping back into the app, it appears that it has destructively turned all of my clips blank without having adjusted the length of the adjacent clip this time. Pretty frustrating as I've put quite a bit of time into this timeline so far. Guess I just have to do it all over again.

Enough griping, hopefully this is a bug that can be tracked down and fixed.

I really love the app so far, so cheers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:03 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Grindeddown

yes, this is a bug we are aware of, sorry that it has caused you some frustration. We are working on a fix and will be getting it out as soon as possible.

The problem appears to have something to do with introducing black into the timeline by changing to overwrite mode, then changing back to insert mode and trimming the black or moving another clip. This shouldn't give you the result you have experienced.

There isn't currently a work-around, except to avoid introducing black into the timeline via the overwrite mode. It might be better to create some black video or use an empty title clip to insert black into the timeline while remaining in insert mode.

Regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:56 pm 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
Hello Grindeddown

yes, this is a bug we are aware of, sorry that it has caused you some frustration. We are working on a fix and will be getting it out as soon as possible.

The problem appears to have something to do with introducing black into the timeline by changing to overwrite mode, then changing back to insert mode and trimming the black or moving another clip. This shouldn't give you the result you have experienced.

There isn't currently a work-around, except to avoid introducing black into the timeline via the overwrite mode. It might be better to create some black video or use an empty title clip to insert black into the timeline while remaining in insert mode.

Regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch
Ok thanks for letting me know. Yeah I hope you guys can work out the bug. It makes me feel a little uneasy about using the app.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:47 pm 

Hello! I had this problem too. Hopefully the next update will fix it.