Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:45 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.7 is now available on the App Store, which includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:03 am 

hello vidiot,

This program can read many diffrent types of video, also mts files. So you don’t
need to convert. This program can rewrap the container.

You can import your mts files with files sharing in i-tunes, with icloud or with
the photofast sd card-reader for on the road without internet.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:14 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well I downloaded it and paid for the upgrade. I don’t currently have any video that needs rewrapping, but it looks like it might be pretty useful in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:14 am 

Hi everyone, my first post here.

This is interesting.

I bought an iPad to replace my ageing Macbook Pro after learning Luma Fusion was more than powerful enough to cut my news vision.

The main issue is (and I thought I could get around it and I can - but only in a convoluted way), that my Sony PXW-X70 camcorder shoots in either XAVC L or AVCHD. Neither can be read on iPad.

My workaround:

Because the camera card is not "seen" by the iPad with the Apple SD Card reader, I bought a cheap WiFi SD Card reader from Jaycar here in Australia. This allows me to log into the card via a browser (or set up a link in the App called "Documents") and at least download the clips into the iPad.

The next issue is you have to FIND the clips and that can be a problem.

Another browser login via the video conversion program called iConverter (iConv is no longer available so it seems) and this allows you to find the clips (only two at a time, mind you - arrrrgggghhhh!!!!) that were imported by the Documents app. You can then convert in iConverter and, once converted, save to the Photos app on the iPad. Then the files are found in Luma Fusion.

What a pain in the proverbial. Especially when News is regularly time-stressed.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but 3rd party Lightning card readers aren't available in stores here, so I have ordered one from eBay and hopefully, that will allow me to get the card and files "seen" by the iPad without the cumbersome WiFi SD Card reader and Browser process.

it will still be a pain to have to convert before the importing into Luma Fusion, but it would at least work. I hope.

I am looking forward to getting this solved as I am keen to use the iPad for news work.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:09 am 

Ok, so I found an interesting workaround, but you need an Android phone or device because Androids can see and understand MTS files and, with Android, unlike iOS, you can drill down to any folder on the phone to access the files.

You need to install ES File Explorer, VidCompact and SendSnywhere apps on your phone/device and the SendAnywhere app on the iPad. SendAnywhere allows you to directly and wirelessly send files between the devices.

1) Take SD Card from camera that contains the AVCHD file

2) Insert into android device using a USB SD Card reader that fits your device's micro usb/USB-C port.

3) Use ES File Explorer that automatically sees the SD card attached to the phone and find the MTS file/s on the sd card and transfer it/them to the phone using ES File Explorer. Remember to put the file in a folder VidCompact can access. I put it in the phone's internal storage DCIM folder with a new folder.

4) Use "VidCompact" to compress the file and immediately send to iPad using the "SendAnywhere" app.

5) Because the file being sent to the iPad is an MP4 file, SendAnywhere has an option to automatically put video files into the Photos app on the iPad, which means Luma Fusion then happily sees the new video file in Photos.

I hope this helps. I know it's a little convoluted, but at least it works.

You may also be able to save the MP4 file back to the SD Card from the phone and then insert that SD Card into a Lightning USB card reader on the iPad - haven't tried that yet but you would think - because it is an MP4 file - the iPad would see it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:28 am 

+1 for avchd import
I have same issue, lots of mts files saved on a NAS. Could not find any decent conversation app for iPad.