Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:36 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.4 is now available on the App Store. This update includes major fixes for audio sync issues that users have experienced in some projects

LumaFX 2.5 is now available on the App Store. This adds new ways to import media, and fixes the issue with importing LUTs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:08 am 

Hi there. I've just finished my first project with LumaFusion and was keen to see the results on a large screen.

I exported to Google Drive and when watching there (and downloading to my mac), some of the clips show a black screen, whilst most of the video is fine. Its very strange and very annoying - i have not had this issue with iMove or any other editors in the past.

Please help and its very frustrating at spending £20 when it is not working properly for me. :cry:
thanks
Mark

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:06 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Mark

Sorry you're having problems

What you are doing should work (obviously)

Just trying to eliminate things first

Does the project export to your camera roll and play correctly?

How much free space have you got on your iThing?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:57 am 

thank you for replying. i have just posted another comment as now when i export (to camera roll) it gets stuck every time on 2m 20s.

i have not had one successful export as yet...when i force close the app and try again, it needs to re-download over 100 clips from iCloud every time.

i have 8GB free on my iPad

thanks
Mark

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Coders,

So sorry you are having a problem exporting. It's not a normal thing.

However, I would recommend turning OFF "Optimize iPad Storage" if at all possible. The difficulty is that Apple is managing what is stored on your iPad versus what is in the cloud (in which case only proxies are shown on the device), and they don't give us any way of locking the used media onto the device to keep it local. If the app is in the foreground and your project is open, then we have a list of what is being used and the device SHOULD hold onto the media.

Unfortunately, we they don't give us any way of knowing if the iCloud media is there until we try to access it. We do checks for media presence (by accessing the used files) when you start the app and before export, but I'm wondering if the reason you are getting failures could be that at some moment the media is inappropriately re-optimized in the background and we loose it.

If you were to import media from Dropbox for instance, then the media is stored with our app, and it cannot be optimized away. We have considered always copying media you use form iCloud into our app, but this will result in a huge app that you have to manage.

In any case, since we have joined you to the beta we can get your project and restore it and it might even be worth you restoring it on your own device, since in this case LumaFusion will hold the media and it will not be able to be optimized away by Apple.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:27 am 

Quote:
Hi Coders,

So sorry you are having a problem exporting. It's not a normal thing.

However, I would recommend turning OFF "Optimize iPad Storage" if at all possible. The difficulty is that Apple is managing what is stored on your iPad versus what is in the cloud (in which case only proxies are shown on the device), and they don't give us any way of locking the used media onto the device to keep it local. If the app is in the foreground and your project is open, then we have a list of what is being used and the device SHOULD hold onto the media.

Unfortunately, we they don't give us any way of knowing if the iCloud media is there until we try to access it. We do checks for media presence (by accessing the used files) when you start the app and before export, but I'm wondering if the reason you are getting failures could be that at some moment the media is inappropriately re-optimized in the background and we loose it.

If you were to import media from Dropbox for instance, then the media is stored with our app, and it cannot be optimized away. We have considered always copying media you use form iCloud into our app, but this will result in a huge app that you have to manage.

In any case, since we have joined you to the beta we can get your project and restore it and it might even be worth you restoring it on your own device, since in this case LumaFusion will hold the media and it will not be able to be optimized away by Apple.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:31 am 

I have just started working with Lumafusion. My first project is a project for my group (as their tourguide). I have worked out a video of 30 minutes, about 100 media files, which are stored in iCloud.
Unfortunate iCloud is to large to keep it on my iPad.
Now, after rendering/exporting, the result shows black video, but i have also lost the orioginal project with the separate decompositions.
Wheb i start the rendered film, Lumafusion is retrieving the data from ikCloud, but the movie is still corrupted.
What can be done to recover my project?
Best regards and thanks upfront,
Lex.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 5:08 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Lex

Can you email support with that one directly please