Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:29 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.7 is now available on the App Store, which includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:41 pm 

Edit: I posted this before in the wrong section

Hi, what a great app. Works really good in both my iPhone and iPad. I love it altough I can't edit my videos except for the ones I shoot with the phone. I'd like to see support for Blackmagic videos. Since it's a professional app it would be great to edit professional videos. Don't you think? ;)
Turns out that LumaFusion on iPad is fast for video editing and that includes rendering videos. No need to bring a laptop while traveling unless you shoot on a Blackmagic camera like me.

In case anyone is wondering, when importing videofiles it really depends on the iOS card reader. I had to buy three different ones to import avi from a Sony camera I tried, one original and two other. It only works with the non-original readers. One of them could only import NTSC video files but the last one I bought imports PAL too and you can even open it up directly in LumaFusion which you couldn't with the other one. Just ask me if you wanna know which one I think is the best but it might be different to you.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:27 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Chippe

I'm not a professional editor or a very good amateur one to be honest

What are Blackmagic videos - apart from people dancing naked around a cauldron :D

What format are they in, bitrate etc, what can they be taken on?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:56 am 

Quote:
Hi Chippe

I'm not a professional editor or a very good amateur one to be honest

What are Blackmagic videos - apart from people dancing naked around a cauldron :D

What format are they in, bitrate etc, what can they be taken on?
Hi, Haha.. true there are alot of those videos on Vimeo. Blackmagic use Apple ProRes and Cinema DNG raw but I'm not sure how mobile devices can handle it. Maybe it's tricky to add support but I'm so impressed by LumaFusion running on the iPad and I'm curious what more it can do.

1920 x 1080 Rates based on 30 frames per second
CinemaDNG RAW - 65 MB/s
CinemaDNG RAW 3:1 - 33 MB/s
Apple ProRes 422 HQ - 27.5 MB/s
Apple ProRes 422 - 18.4 MB/s
Apple ProRes 422 LT - 12.75 MB/s
Apple ProRes Proxy - 5.6 MB/s

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Chippe

the limitation with which codecs can be supported for editing on an iOS device is really an Apple issue. IOS doesn't support the codecs you mention at the moment. I'm sure things will change given time.

Where are you getting your AVI files from? Do any cameras shoot AVI? I haven't heard of any that do. Or do you mean avchd? AVI is a much older technology that is more or less unsupported by anything.

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:20 pm 

Quote:
Hello Chippe

the limitation with which codecs can be supported for editing on an iOS device is really an Apple issue. IOS doesn't support the codecs you mention at the moment. I'm sure things will change given time.

Where are you getting your AVI files from? Do any cameras shoot AVI? I haven't heard of any that do. Or do you mean avchd? AVI is a much older technology that is more or less unsupported by anything.

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch
You're right I mean AVC with mp4 container. I think the best encoder this camera had was XAVC S. I can't import and play them on my device unless I use this card reader. So far only LumaFusion or a player like Infuse can handle them (also supports Dolby AC3 DTS -HD). LumaFusion says "This file is not fully compatible.." but I haven't had any problems.