Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:41 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:54 pm 

In Final Cut I used to add markers all the time to help with syncing audio. It was especially useful for marking beats in a song that I wanted to sync cuts to. Is that possible in LumaFusion? I figured out how to add key frames to an audio clip, but they don't show up on the timeline view (and they're semantically different than markers).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:48 am 
Adept
Adept

I'd really like that too. Meanwhile a workaround I have used is to split the audio track at the beats. You have to be careful not to accidentally move sections of audio though. Ideally I'd like LF to automatically mark beats!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello All

yes, this is a great suggestion and it is already on our to do list.

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:22 pm 
Novice
Novice

Quote:

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch
This is pretty old, so bumping it. Any chance we'll see markers soon? Such a helpful editing tool. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:26 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
Quote:

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch
This is pretty old, so bumping it. Any chance we'll see markers soon? Such a helpful editing tool. Thanks!
yes, this was also one of my first requests to LT and I'v got the response this is something they put it on their to do list and frankly speaking - I think it might already come with 1.4 which is going to be rolled out within the next weeks.

My suggestion comes for mark ups for the video/sound sync, to have on the sound lines some kind of mark ups.
-> Currently my interim solution is just to look for the sound highlights and make always cuts into the respective soundline, having an optical split - this is a problem once you change movie clip lenghts the it destroys the whole sound timeline and have to start at 0.

But maybe someone from the LF team can give us a short info whether this is coming with 1.4 or not.

PS: it would be also great to have an sound assistant providing automatic sound highlights of the music clip to see where are the highlights and if its a 2 or 4 tact or a 4/4 rythm and so on, as a kind of overlayer onto the sound bar which gives some kind of vertical border lines over to the movie clips and an automatic drop-to-function when you trim the movie sequence to the respective sound border.

something like that?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:17 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

That is not being tested for the 1.4 release but is on the ‘to do’ list for a later release

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:15 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
That is not being tested for the 1.4 release but is on the ‘to do’ list for a later release

Please, please prioritize this. It's a pretty basic editing feature and useful for so many reasons!

-Joseph

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:16 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
Quote:

Please, please prioritize this. It's a pretty basic editing feature and useful for so many reasons!

-Joseph
I understand you and I already mentioned tons of other things.
It is also understandable they cannot rollout everything over night because otherwise they would have no more work to do - no seriously, think they prioritize so many things and we should trust into their schedule :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:18 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
Well… you mentioned one other thing (in this thread at least) and that's cutting the clip where you'd want a marker, which you yourself pointed out why that doesn't always work.

Point is simply that I'm raising my hand as yet another user who would very much like to see this very basic feature added asap.

Thanks
-Joseph

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:29 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
Quote:
Well… you mentioned one other thing (in this thread at least) and that's cutting the clip where you'd want a marker, which you yourself pointed out why that doesn't always work.

Point is simply that I'm raising my hand as yet another user who would very much like to see this very basic feature added asap.

Thanks
-Joseph
just told you very friendly they are aware of that for sure and every request is welcome :lol: :lol: :lol:

regarding that I only mentioned one other thing, here is one of many posts from me
Quote:
Thx for the quick reply.

Would it be possible to add/check again 10 more or less simple things?

1st: a speed increase from 600% up to a max of 1000%? (Like in the official dji app, for drone pilots absolutely necessary, cause currently wenspeed up a sequence, export and re-import it again into the project to get a fast speed, today's IPhones can easily handle this)

2nd: different speed "sections" within one sequence without cutting anstauende into several ones + a curve-mode for the speed increase? (Dynamic speed increase/decrease)

3rd: copying and pasting the key framings/colourgrading to other sequences by selecting few sequences in the project and pasting it to them to them by 1-click? (Currently there is just a single copy/paste or an overall paste available)

4th: courgrading with high-, mid- and deep-tones + whitebalance + more different color panels like in AdobePP?

5th: making transitions more editable + giving us a luma fade transition? (Whirlpool swirling + picture swipe-out left hits no one any more from the seat)

6th: motion titles for to mirroring edges for real good zoom effects?

7th: adjusting transitions with easy in / easy out to set individually the transition speed for a smoother change?

8th: allowing to make vertigo effects? (especially for GoPro and drone users, I know so many people who bought you app because I've showed it to them, and all of them use GoPro for diving/paragliding or want to improve their drone footage)

9th: a GoPro anti-fisheye effect would be more than great? (Currently you losing all your nerves and time by importing, editing and exporting your GoPro footage in/from their software and that really annoys every normal human being in the year 2017.

10th: LUTs are coming. Is LumaFusion providing a basic set of several LUTs? Is an import of external LUTs like those used for AdobePP?

Thx for a short info which of these are coming with 1.4 (we know that key framing will be focused more earliest with 1.5 (which is coming not before 07/2018... :( ??))