Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:15 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.0 is now available in the App Store. This is a massive new update that doubles the number of tracks for video and audio, streamlines the user interface, and much more.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:15 pm 

I shot a scene with three iPhones and the air conditioning was running steadily throughout. Is there an audio tool in Luma that can help me make it less obvious for dialogue? I know the dialogue won’t be the best but any help with drowning out the hum would be great. I’ve never had to do this before.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:29 pm 
Adept
Adept

If you can get your files to windows, try Audacity (free).
If you are in iOS, try Denoise (paid).

Both work on a similar principle; sample a moment of silence, which in your case will pick up the air conditioning, and both apps will filter the sampled noise out, although with varying degrees of success.

MVE
https://www.youtube.com/user/In7egral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:40 am 
Novice
Novice

There are also audio editing tools for iOS such as those from https://www.wooji-juice.com/

Ferrite Recording Studio has a noise sampling / reducing feature. It's a bit expensive (about the same cost as LumaFusion) but it appears to be a very powerful multi-track audio editor.

(I am not affiliated with Wooji and have no monetary interest in the company - I just happened upon them during a search for similar tools).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:26 pm 

I second Audacity - when background noise is really bad (or even for when I DJ with vinyl) I export the audio when done editing, noise-reduce in Audacity, then import back as the main audio track/s in the video.

Audacity is the same, and free on Windows and Mac.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:52 pm 

Quote:
I shot a scene with three iPhones and the air conditioning was running steadily throughout. Is there an audio tool in Luma that can help me make it less obvious for dialogue? I know the dialogue won’t be the best but any help with drowning out the hum would be great. I’ve never had to do this before.
I have found Brusfri to be excellent for a constant noise. It is an iPad app and rarely do I need to change from the default settings after it has sampled the noise. You can send directly from LumaFusion opwhen you export audio only then send the processed back to Luma and drop it on a separate track.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:19 pm 
Adept
Adept

Nothing works as well as iZotope RX on a computer. If the content is really important to you, that is the best way to restore audio with problems.

Having said that, I am keeping up with all the IOS options and eventually hope to see an equally effective option on this platform.