Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 6:47 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.2 is now available on the App Store. This feature release includes integration with Gnarbox, and numerous improvements to the library and import and export providers

LumaFX 2.5 is now available on the App Store. This adds new ways to import media, and fixes the issue with importing LUTs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:19 pm 

Hi

I am planning on buying the new iPad 2018 that is coming with a A10 processor. My question is if this will be enough to start editing 4k videos or I will need to switch to an iPad Pro.

currently I am using an iPad Air 2 (A8 processor), and it has been working great, with some details and low performance using 4k.

Do you think the iPad 2018 is good enough for 4k or I would really need to move to a Pro version

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:02 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi hector

I don't have an iPad 2018, I am lucky enough to have a Pro

However, I think the iPad 2018 will be 'man enough (or woman enough)' for the job and you will see a suitable improvement

However again ... as time goes on we will all need more and more processing power to do things in real time with more video and audio tracks for example

A big consideration - especially when editing 4k is how much space you have on your device

So if you can't stretch to a pro - make sure your 2018 is a big 'un!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:47 pm 
Adept
Adept

Just opened my new one an hour ago. 128 gig. Hopefully will be great according to my fairly quick research. It’s still loading the apps but I’m impressed with the ease of setup copying from my iPhone and a quick play with Apple Pencil seems good. I’m hoping that LF will be easier than on the iPhone (workable but dinky) and the specs seemed enough at a good price. I’ll update later!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:21 pm 
Adept
Adept

Ok amongst other things ( :) )I've had a bit of a play with LF on my new iPad. Unfortunately I haven't got a project on the go so have just used a few clips available. It seems slightly faster than my iPhone 6s+. My impression is that for my needs - generally 2 minute videos with lots of clips, mostly 4K - it'd be fine. I can't speak for long videos.

I'm not one for methodical testing but for your reference here's a couple of figures. Whether they scale to longer videos is another question:

Reversed a 32 second 4K clip in about 40secs.
Saved a 1 minute 4K video in about 1m 40s

Hope this helps you a bit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:59 am 

I just completed a simple project from start to finish on an iPad 2018 and it performed quite well. I'm new to this app, and as a long-time professional editor I'm impressed!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:33 am 

Awesome!

Good to hear it goes well on 4K videos. I ordered mine and I’m just waiting for it to arrive :)

Thanks a lot!