Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:55 am

All times are UTC-07:00

LumaFusion 1.3.6 is now available on the App Store. This update improves editing performance and fixes a few issues.
LumaFX and LumaClip 2.3.1 are now available on the App Store. This fixes export problem for iOS 9 users

Post subject: Re: Audio Pan?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:37 am 

While that is an option, in the time crunch that is every day reporting, it is not practical. A dual mono option with the option to select either channel would be ideal. As I mentioned earlier, our work around right now is riding channels while recording. It's painful, and sometimes costly due to negligence but the more time saving option rather than exporting and importing into a third party app.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:40 pm 

Hi Terri, just wondering if there was an update on this issue?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Marek

We don't have an exact date for when this feature will be implemented. Right now it is scheduled for second quarter of this year.

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:04 pm 

Hi Androu, That's wonderful! thank you for giving me a window, we are eagerly waiting to deploy the app for our reporters.

all the best,
Marek Sutherland

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:36 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

This would be fantastic, particularly the "fill-left/fill-right" style approach from Premiere Pro.

I worked TV news back in the 1980s, lugging around 3/4" U-matic field decks, and we always put interviews on Ch 2 and ambient on Ch 1. In the edit suite, VO was always recorded to Ch 2, as well, for exactly the same reason -- if a reporter neede a file shot, they could pull it from the edit master and have clean ambient from Ch 1. That way, field tapes could be recycled and the station could still use file footage (albeit a generation down).

I haven't been in the ENG field for a while, but it's kind of fun to hear that the technique is still used! Makes sense if one is using an iDevice for acquisition and editing; eventually one has to jettison all that unedited video.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:57 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for your comment sfdex

I remember those Umatic decks too! so glad that we don't have to use them anymore. Heavy monsters!

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch