Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:47 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:18 am 
Novice
Novice

Hi everyone.

I have been lurking benefitting from everyones helpful tips so I thought I would share one. Apologies if its already been mentioned.

Quick way to edit to a beat.

I don’t plan my films. They are mainly trips and holiday stuff so I just film what catches my eye. I then pick a music track to edit to. Back in my Final cut days I used to use markers to identify significant parts of the music for cuts but we don’t have those yet in Lumafusion so this is a work around.

1. Start with your music track on the time line.
2. Go to the start of the timeline
3. Now add a blank clip
4. Drag that blank clip to fill the timeline
5. Now play the project and listen to the music. When you hear a good transition point stop and cut the blank clip. Repeat until all your cuts have been made.
6. Now replay the project and identify those clips that coincide with the music highs or low points etc. These are the money shots. Select the blank clip and then colour tag it.
7. You now have a series of blank clips edited to your music with colour coded key points.
8. Now drag trimmed clips of video to each of the blank clips. Drag it until the blank clip turns pink. IMPORTANT - Choose maintain timeline when asked to avoid pushing everything else out of sync.
9. You can quickly swap clips around until you have the order that works best by using the same technique in point 8 to replace clips.
10. For ultra fine tuning that does not mess up your timeline switch to overwrite mode. That allows you to alter the cut point of individual clips.

Hope this helps somebody.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:51 am 
Novice
Novice

Interesting but time consuming... :D
Better to have markers as in adobe :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:00 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
Interesting but time consuming... :D
Better to have markers as in adobe :lol:
I agree give me markers any day of the week. Also the ability to analyse a waveform and suggest cut points would be even better still 👍

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:37 pm 
Adept
Adept

You’re right Shrimpy. This is important to a lot of us and it is quite tedious. I posted a very similar workflow to yours a year or so ago. Markers would be great and even better automated markers as a starting point.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:26 am 

You could combine the recorded tap method with this method and I bet it would make for a faster workflow.
I forget where I saw this tip but you record yourself with the internal mic while the audio track is playing and use the pencil or other object to tap the screen on a beat creating a visible spike in your recorded waveform. This can be used for markers or easy cuts.

Post subject: Thanks Shrimpy
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:55 am 
Adept
Adept

Hi Shrimpy,

Thanks for taking the time to share this workaround technique with everyone. You did a nice job of detailing the steps. I want to give this a try.

I’m also going to try this same technique to add B Roll on top of my A Roll.

Thanks again,
CappyLee